Getting rid of ants

+3
How can I can get rid of ants in my kitchen? Nothing is ever left out for them to get into. They're driving me crazy. I'm happy to hear & try any advice one can give me. Thank You

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Jan 05, 2018
    Hi there, I always heard that peppermint oil works good to keep ants and bugs away, maybe try a few drops on a cotton ball at the closet location you know of that they're coming in.

• Pam Pam on Jan 05, 2018
    Find their home and put boiling water down it Best at night when the ants sleep. It kills the ants and you'll still get some but not as many

• Lisa Lisa on Jan 05, 2018
    Sprinkle food grade DE that you can purchase at Lowes or Home Depot. When I have a problem with ants/insects it does the trick. i sprinkle it outside on my patio as well.

• Susan Massey Susan Massey on Jan 05, 2018
    I got a little bottle of Terro at Lowe's, works the best I've ever seen. You put out 2 tiny drops where you see ants. They swarm to it like crazy, take it back to their nest and it kills them. Do it for about 3 days.

• Judy in Canton. Judy in Canton. on Jan 06, 2018
    If they are small brown ants sprinkle cinnamon (safe if you have children or pets) and put out ant traps. If they are the black carpenter ants they like damp dark wood. Use talcum powder or boric acid at points of entry and eliminate damp wood. Carpenter ants also eat ampids on peonies so if those are near the house eliminate them.