How to get rid of small Fungus Nats?

+3
I have tried everything from vinegar to flying bug sprays and nothing is working. I have also, kept my plant soil as dry as I can and still little buggers are still here. Please help?

• Suzette Suzette on Dec 07, 2017

Good luck!

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 07, 2017
    try putting your plants (the whole thing)in a plastic bag with a pest strip...leave for about a week.. and see if that helps..(a clear bag would work best... just don't set it in the sun or you will cook your plant.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 07, 2017
    You have to re-pot the plants in fresh soil.Fungus gnats lay eggs in the soil.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 07, 2017
    Have you repotted the plant? If you haven't, please do it. They may have laid eggs in the soil and they will just keep hatching. Use new potting soil, gently rinse all the soil off the roots and clean the pot inside and out with bleach water and rinse with vinegar. This will get rid of any eggs or larvae in the soil. The fly strip is a good idea, put it near the plant or on the soil, it really helps.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 07, 2017
    Use Simple Green and be sure to spray ALL drains in your house in every room there is a drain, they live there in the moisture. It will kill them, spray daily until you no longer see them, then once a week to keep them gone. It would not hurt to spray the soil of the plants if you think that is an issue. Simple green is a disinfectant and deodorizer but it is non-toxic for pets/children/environment.