Can I dye the fabric on my anti- gravity chairs?

Karen WALKER
by Karen WALKER
+9
I love my outdoor chairs soo much, but the fabric color is fading. Is there a way to dye the fabric and still use them without dye coming off onto to your clothes or skin!
q how to dye fabric on anti gravity chairs, outdoor furniture, painted furniture, reupholster, The fabric on this chair cannot be removed but I want to dye it and still sit in it
The fabric on this chair cannot be removed, but I want to dye it and still sit in it!
q how to dye fabric on anti gravity chairs, outdoor furniture, painted furniture, reupholster, No way to remove parts is there a way to dye fabric
No way to remove parts, is there a way to dye fabric?
  • Z Z on Jul 24, 2015
    It depends on the fabric content. Ours are Fiberglas, which wouldn't be a DIY dye job.

• Krista Krista on Jul 25, 2015
    I used one part fabric medium with two parts paint and painted a chair. I worked great. It isn't out in full weather though.

• Mary Beth Carrier Mary Beth Carrier on Jul 26, 2015
    I believe I have the same red chairs and the prob gets worse after even longer! They seem to have a little plastic-y sort of feel so I've wondered about dyeing possibilities too.

• MaryLynn MaryLynn on Jul 27, 2015
    There are spray paints for leather which could work. You might have a hard time locating a good color match in the leather paint. Also, there are spray paints for vinyl, fabric and wood projects. They even have spray paint for grills that withstand heat. I would start with the vinyl spray paint. An upholstery supply store or auto supply store would have the spray on paint. Good luck.

• Wanda sinnema Wanda sinnema on Jul 28, 2015
    I all depends on the fabric..I'd check for the content then check with an OUTDOOR AWNING COMPANY for advice.. they know EXACTALLY what fabrics take to dyes and what do not.. Last thing you want is paint of dye coming off everywhere it touched you clothes..good luck

• Katherine Howard Jones Katherine Howard Jones on Jul 29, 2015
    I have used paint on upholstery before. I think the ideas of spray paint dependent on the fabric sounds great

• Eileen Eileen on Jul 30, 2015
    I used 2 parts craft paint to one part white vinegar on my swing two years ago, and it's still good.

• Ellen Ellen on Aug 01, 2015
    How about using a deep red Rit fabric dye in a spray bottle. Soak the fabric w/ the dye and leave it out in the hot sun to do its' job. Once completely dry, hose it off very well. It shouldn't come off on your clothes if you rinsed it well enough.Good luck!

• Cissy Killgo Cissy Killgo on Aug 04, 2015
    I replaced the fabric on mine because it was splitting down the middle. It was fairly easy!

• Beth Gee Beth Gee on Aug 09, 2015
    Thanks for your response.