How to paint outside table like American flag?

+2
  • Prime the table. Draw out our design lightly in pencil, then paint and seal if desired.

• Are you asking what type of paint? I am sure any exterior latex will work. Here is a pic of a round table top and a rectangular one

• Dottie Ann Dottie Ann on Jun 21, 2017
    Pat, here's a link to Pintrest for an outside table painted like the American flag, if you don't like that one, there are other pins too! Hope this helps
    Dottie

• Ana Bacallao Ana Bacallao on Jun 21, 2017
    I'm assuming the table is wood and you have prepared it for painting. The first thing I would do is measure and tape off the area for the stars. Figure out how wide your stripes need to be to cover the area. Once you do this, I would paint the whole area white. When dry, tape where your white stripes are going to stay and paint the rest red. Again, let it dry thoroughly and then tape around area for stars and color it blue. Finally, paint the stars on the blue paint when it has completely dried. Depending on the look you are going for either use a paint sealer or wax to finish off.

• Sunny C Sunny C on Jun 21, 2017
    Hello Pat; If I were painting a table that will be used outside, I would first of all look at my table, and decide how many stars will reasonably fit.
    Next I would measure the remaining area, and then decide how many stripes will look right.
    From there, you should sketch the whole thing out on paper large enough, to refer back to when you begin working on your table!
    Please purchase paints that will withstand the elements, if you are leaving it outside! Make sure to purchase sealer, also.
    I hope that this is helpful!! Take Care.