10 Best Cordless Stick Vacuums to Buy | Home Cleaning Made Effortless
When one thinks of purchasing a vacuum cleaner, they generally think of the traditional upright vacuum that’s heavy, bulky, and a workout to move around the house. For those who live in smaller homes and apartments, a standard upright vacuum may just be too much of a hassle to clean a small amount of flooring. Enter the cordless stick vacuum cleaner — a lightweight, smaller-footprint vacuum that can be just as powerful as a traditional upright vacuum cleaner, but with the added benefit of being cordless and easier to use and store.
We've rounded up a detailed list of the best cordless stick vacuums on the market right now and dove into specs about each one to help you determine which option is the best for you.
Cordless stick vacuums can also be a great option to have on hand in larger homes when you need a smaller tool to clean up a random mess. Some of today’s cordless stick vacuums can even transition into a handheld vacuum for extra convenience.
Best Cordless Stick Vacuum for Carpet: Simplicity S65S One-Click Stick VacuumA solid cordless stick vacuum for those with both carpet and bare floors that need to be kept clean.
Best Cordless Stick Vacuum for Hardwood Floors: Dyson Omni-glide Cordless Vacuum CleanerA highly-rated cordless stick vacuum for any type of bare flooring you have in your home.
Best Cordless Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair: Bissell ICONpet Cordless Stick VacuumAnimal lovers rejoice — this cordless stick vacuum takes care of pet hair and allergens in no time.
Best Handheld, Pole, and Cordless Stick Vacuum Combo: Miele Triflex HX1 Stick VacuumGet your money’s worth with a cordless stick vacuum that easily converts to handheld and pole vacuums.
Best Mop/Cordless Stick Vacuum Combo: Tineco iFloor3 Cordless Wet Dry Vacuum CleanerAn all-in-one vacuum and mop for all types of bare flooring.
Best Smart Technology Cordless Stick Vacuum: Tineco Pure One S11 Smart Vacuum CleanerA bagless and cordless stick vacuum integrated with some very smart technologies.
Best Cordless Stick Vacuum Under $100: Moosoo X6 Cordless 4-In-1 Cordless Stick VacuumAn ultra-efficient cordless stick vacuum for under $100.
Best Cordless Stick Vacuum Under $200: JASHEN V16 4-in-1 Cordless Stick Vacuum CleanerA highly-rated cordless stick vacuum with lots of features for under $200.
Best Cordless Stick Vacuum Under $500: Shark IZ163H Rocket Pet Pro Cordless Stick VacuumOne of the best Shark cordless stick vacuums available today for under $500.
Best Splurge Cordless Stick Vacuum: Dyson V15 Detect Cordless Vacuum CleanerOne mean cordless stick vacuum machine with lots of features for making quick history of the dirt in your home.
Why Would I Want a Cordless Stick Vacuum?
There are definitely some pros to having a cordless stick vacuum in the house:
- There’s no cord: The most obvious pro to a cordless stick vacuum is that it is battery-operated, so there’s no cord to plug in. That means you can easily use the cordless stick vacuum in other areas outside of the house that might not have an accessible outlet, like in the garage or a shed.
- It’s easier to lug around: As stick vacuums are just smaller than traditional upright vacuums, they are also lighter. This makes them a great option for people who have trouble moving a traditional vacuum up and down stairs in their home.
- It’s perfect for quick messes: Because cordless stick vacuum cleaners are lightweight and battery-powered, they’re perfect to have on hand for cleaning up small spills and messes.
While there are many pros to cordless stick vacuums, there are important details about them to consider before you buy:
- They’re not as powerful: Although there are quite a few best-rated cordless stick vacuums that are just as powerful as standard upright vacuums, some will not be as powerful when it comes to sucking up ground-in dirt from high-pile carpeting.
- They need a charge between cleanings: As with any appliance that is battery-powered, a corded stick vacuum will only clean for a limited time before it needs to be recharged. Thankfully, many of today’s cordless stick vacuums come with a second battery — or you can purchase a second one — so you can swap them during vacuum sessions. And generally, the battery charge does not take too long.
- They have smaller dirt canisters: While a smaller vacuum means it’s easier to maneuver around the house and stow away, that also means the amount of dirt it can hold in its canister will be less than a traditional upright vacuum. That just means you’ll have to empty it out a bit more frequently.
What is the Best Cordless Stick Vacuum for Me?
The cordless stick vacuum market has definitely expanded over the years, with a number of options to choose from. We used the following test factors to help narrow down what we consider the best cordless stick vacuum cleaners available right now:
- Price: With so many options out there today, price is an important factor when deciding on the best cordless stick vacuum.
- Weight: As cordless stick vacuums are smaller in size than standard upright vacuums, they will normally weigh less. And the lighter a cordless stick vacuum weighs, the easier it is to move around your home.
- Battery Size: A larger battery size generally means more power and cleaning time. Sometimes a manufacturer will list the voltage of the vacuum's battery, which is how much electrical power the battery can provide. Or they will list the mAh (milli-Amp hours) of the battery, which tells you how much energy capacity the battery has.
- Battery Charge: How long does the vacuum’s battery allow you to clean before it needs a charge?
- Floor Type: What type of flooring you have plays a crucial role in choosing the best cordless stick vacuum. Different models are designed for specific floor types, such as hardwood, carpet, tile, or a combination of surfaces. Consider the brush roll design, suction power, and maneuverability on different floor types to ensure optimal cleaning performance throughout your home.
Let's take a look at our top picks:
Best Cordless Stick Vacuum for Carpet: Simplicity S65S One-Click Stick Vacuum
With powerful suction from its 250W high-performance digital motor, the Simplicity S65S One-Click Stick Vacuum for carpet and hardwood floors is excellent at cleaning any type of carpeting and bare flooring.
This cordless stick vacuum is controlled through a one-click trigger and offers two speeds: a low speed for everyday cleaning and a high power for larger messes. Depending on which power you're using, the vacuum runs up to 25 minutes per charge and is easily charged on its charging station.
Weighing only six pounds, the vacuum is easy to maneuver around any obstacles in your home thanks to its rotating vacuum head and LED headlight.
- Tackles both carpeting and bare flooring
- Very lightweight
- HEPA Media filter traps 99.97% of dirt and allergens
- Only lasts up to 25 minutes per battery charge
- Filter is not reusable and needs to be replaced every six months
Best Cordless Stick Vacuum for Hardwood Floors: Dyson Omni-glide Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
If your home is mainly bare flooring, including hardwood, linoleum, vinyl, or tile, then the Dyson Omni-glide Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is the stick vacuum for you.
Designed specifically to clean bare floors, this cordless stick vacuum features the "first omnidirectional soft roller cleaner head," which means the vacuum has two soft rollers that are able to move forwards, backward, and sideways, allowing them to pick up anything in its path. Additionally, the soft bristles on the rollers mean they will not scratch up your flooring.
The vacuum uses powerful suction to make little work of debris and collects it in its five stages of whole-machine filtration. The Dyson Omni-glide Cordless Vacuum Cleaner also has an articulating neck, allowing it to bend to basically lay flat on the ground to get under low furniture.
- Able to clean all types of bare flooring
- Soft roller brushes won't scratch up hardwoods and other flooring
- Super lightweight
- Only designed for bare flooring
- Only runs for about 20 minutes per battery charge
Best Cordless Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair: Bissell ICONpet Cordless Stick Vacuum
Pet hair has no chance against the Bissell ICONpet Cordless Stick Vacuum. Whether it's on carpeting or bare flooring, this cordless stick vacuum's high-powered digital motor uses three cleaning modes to effectively remove pet hair, dander, and other debris from carpeting and bare flooring.
The vacuum's unique motorized brush roll detangler ensures pet hair does not get caught up in the roller. The vacuum is also able to lay flat to clean under low furniture and beds, and you can still see all the dirt in dark places thanks to its LED lights.
To top it off, every vacuum purchase supports the BISSELL Pet Foundation, which works to help save homeless pets.
- Perfect pick for those with animals in their home
- Comes with specialized accessories just for pet hair
- Every purchase helps a homeless pet in need
- Bit expensive
- No HEPA filter
Best Handheld, Pole, and Cordless Stick Vacuum Combo: Miele Triflex HX1 Stick Vacuum
While the majority of the best rated cordless vacuum cleaners on our list are able to convert to handheld vacuums as well, what makes the Miele Triflex HX1 Battery Powered Bagless Stick Vacuum stand out on its own is that is three tools in one — a stick vacuum, a handheld vacuum, and a pole vacuum for reaching corners or getting under low furniture and beds.
The vacuum features an 11-inch wide brush designed to be used on both carpeting and bare flooring, and all debris collected is held tight by its HEPA filter. The Miele Triflex Vacuum's battery is replaceable and can power up to 60 minutes on one charge.
- Can be used as three different types of vacuums
- Runs up to 60 minutes on one battery charge
- Battery is replaceable
- No LED headlight
- 11-inch wide brush may be too large to get into smaller areas
Best Mop/Cordless Stick Vacuum Combo: Tineco iFloor3 Cordless Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner
If you hate having to break out a vacuum and then a mop for your hardwood, laminate, linoleum, or vinyl flooring, then the Tineco iFloor3 Cordless Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner is here to save the day.
This cordless stick vacuum/mop hybrid is able to accomplish both tasks at the same time and features a two-tank system to keep the cleaning water clean, and its brush roller is designed to instantly dry floors without the streaking that traditional mops can leave behind.
Lightweight and ultra-quiet, this Tineco vacuum cleaner can run for about 25 minutes on one battery charge and the vacuum's digital display keeps you updated on your cleaning progress, battery levels, and more.
- Tackles both vacuuming and mopping at the same time
- HEPA filter
- Super quiet operation
- Not designed for use on carpeting
- Can only use the company's floor cleaning formula for mopping.
Best Smart Technology Cordless Stick Vacuum: Tineco Pure One S11 Smart Vacuum Cleaner
A bit pricier than some of the other vacuums on our list, the extra money you'll pay for the Tineco Pure One S11 Smart Vacuum Cleaner will be well worth it when you see all that this cordless stick vacuum can do.
The centerpiece of this vacuum is its LED display that updates you on battery life, your cleaning progress, and what suction level you're using. The vacuum will automatically detect what type of dirt it's cleaning and will auto-adjust suction as needed and dirt is picked up through an ultra-quiet motor and held in fast by a fully-sealed, 4-stage HEPA filtration system.
The stick vacuum is easily converted to a handheld vacuum to make sure you can take care of cleanups anywhere, and the vacuum can run for up to 40 minutes on a single battery charge.
- LED display keeps you updated while cleaning
- 4-stage washable HEPA filter
- 40 minute run-time per battery charge
- Bit heavier than other cordless stick vacuums
Best Cordless Stick Vacuum Under $100: Moosoo X6 Cordless 4-In-1 Cordless Stick Vacuum
For under $100, the Moosoo X6 Cordless 4-In-1 Cordless Stick Vacuum XL-618A packs a lot of punch for those on a tight budget.
This extremely lightweight yet powerful vacuum boasts 120 watts of powerful suction and two cleaning modes to efficiently clean carpeting and bare flooring. A high-density HEPA filter keeps 99.97% of allergens trapped, and the entire filtration system is washable and reusable. The vacuum is able to convert into four different tools — two handheld vacuums, a pole vacuum, and a stick vacuum — and its flexible head and LED light helps ensure that you can reach all debris throughout your home.
The cordless stick vacuum also features an ergonomic handle and its extension tube can be adjusted according to the user's height and arm length, making vacuuming a comfortable job.
- Under $100
- Extremely lightweight
- Washable and reusable filtration system
- Takes five hours to fully charge
Best Cordless Stick Vacuum Under $200: JASHEN V16 4-in-1 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
With over 7,300 reviews and 4 stars on Amazon, the JASHEN V16 4-in-1 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is a popular pick for under $200.
This 4-in-1 cordless stick vacuum comes with a wide variety of accessories for cleaning all around the home, including crevice, dusting, and upholstery tools, as well as soft and bristle rollers that can be easily swapped out for different types of flooring.
Featuring three power modes, the vacuum collects dirt from carpeting and bare flooring that is trapped in its high-efficiency filtration system and HEPA filter. Depending on which power mode you're using, the vacuum cleaner can run for an impressive 40 minutes on one charge, and you can keep track of how much battery life you have through its LED display.
- Under $200
- Run-time of up to 40 minutes on one battery charge
- Lots of attachments provided
- Filter needs to be replaced every three months
- Brush roller needs to be changed when moving from carpeting to bare flooring and vice versa
Best Cordless Stick Vacuum Under $500: Shark IZ163H Rocket Pet Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum
With over 2,200 reviews and 4.5 stars on Amazon, the Shark IZ163H Rocket Pet Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum with MultiFlex is one of the best Shark cordless stick vacuums on the market today.
Offering powerful suction for cleaning up debris from both carpeting and bare flooring, this vacuum's self-cleaning brush roll helps to ensure pet and human hair does not get tangled up in the system. The vacuum is capable of being converted to a handheld vacuum, and additionally, the vacuum's wand is easy to maneuver, making this vacuum a great tool for getting into all the hard-to-reach areas of a home.
The vacuum’s battery is removable and can be charged either inside or outside of the unit, and one battery charge provides up to 40 minutes of runtime.
- MultiFLEX bendable wand allows for easy cleaning under beds and low furniture
- Self-cleaning brush roll keeps hair from getting tangled in it
- 40-minute run-time
- Filter is not washable
- Does not come with a charging station
Best Splurge Cordless Stick Vacuum: Dyson V15 Detect Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
If you want a cordless stick vacuum that will seek out and destroy any and all dirt in its path, then the Dyson V15 Detect Cordless Vacuum Cleaner should be on your wishlist.
This high-end cordless stick vacuum comes with a ton of bells and whistles designed to make it as effective — or even more so — as a traditional upright vacuum. To start with, the vacuum has a laser cleaner head for hard flooring for detecting particles of dirt you can't normally see with the naked eye. It has a sensor that counts and measures the size of the dust particles it's picking up, and then it knows to adjust its power levels depending on the measurements.
The Dyson V15 Detect Cordless Vacuum Cleaner also includes an LED screen so you can monitor your cleaning, an advanced filtration system, and an impressive 60-minute runtime per battery charge.
- Laser cleaner head lets you see dirt you never even knew was there
- Anti-tangle comb keeps hair out of the brush
- Up to 60-minute runtime
Do you have a cordless stick vacuum that you highly recommend? Tell us about it in the comments below!