The paint on my picnic table flakes off from the sun.what can I use to

+2
  • Probably the only thing you can do is scrape and repaint. It sounds like water may be laying on the table and eventually seeping through the paint. The sun heats it up, forcing the moisture into the wood.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 20, 2017
    Did you use exterior primer and exterior paint? https://www.hunker.com/13404365/how-to-paint-a-picnic-table

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 20, 2017
    Agreed, scrape off and repaint and then use several coats of an outdoor sealant. Or, you can do what I did and just swear off paint on outdoor furniture entirely and stain it :)

• V Smith V Smith on Dec 20, 2017
    Was the table painted or powder coated? If it is a metal table that sits in the sun it might be expanding more than the paint or powder coat can. If the table is wood the moisture will make the wood swell and that may be more than the paint can move. If it's wood, I would suggest staining it instead of painting it. Stain goes into the wood where paint sits on the wood.