Took old tile off of bathroom wall. What besides new tile can I put ?

+1

The drywall is messed up enough that I don't want to just paint and don't really want to re-tile. I had wall paper up for a few years but it needs replaced already. What are my other options?

• Heather Olinde Heather Olinde on Oct 28, 2018

Shiplap would be an option. I have a tutorial for a budget friendly shiplap here http://beautyforasheshome.com/shiplap-for-less/

• Seth Seth on Oct 28, 2018

Tongue and groove beadboard or board and batten wainscoting are two attractive options.Both are classic, but can be mixed with more contemporary decorating styles and fixtures. Both also are very doable projects for a DIYer. Shiplap is all the rage right now, but is short term fad if you are planning on selling in the near future.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Oct 28, 2018

There is also thin paneling that is glossy that you can put up. It is easy to clean and holds up really well and it doesn't make a difference if the wall is in that good shape after taking off tile or wallpaper.

• There are lots of options here. You can go over it with wood sheets or strips (I used wood lath) or hardware stores have faux tin ceiling tiles. You can cut down panels from hardware stores that have a tile look or faux wood. Honestly, you could use about near anything really -- your imagination is your only limit.