How can I repurpose an old hot tub?

+1
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jun 12, 2017
    Turn it into a raised garden or move it to a back corner of the yard and use it as compost heap, worm bed if you fish!

• Cr180 Cr180 on Jun 12, 2017
    Take the tub out of the enclosure, paint with a fish safe paint, plug all jets and drains (unless you want a way to drain it) and sink it into the ground for a pond. Put some pond plants and fish in it and one of those solar operated sprays that float on the surface (just for interest), or not, a seating area beside it with some nice landscaping and you'll be the envy of the neighbors! Here is a link for one posted here on Hometalk.

http://www.hometalk.com/560669/we-have-a-hot-tub-turned-into-a-pond-great-addition-to-my-backyard-paradise?expand_all_questions=1

• Julanne Sharrow Julanne Sharrow on Jun 13, 2017
    Plant horseradish in it....will be easy to dig out.

• Cindy Cindy on Jun 17, 2017
    Hi Kathy, I too like the idea of planting something in it. If you do, put it in a place with full sun. You could put rocks in the deepest part. Then plant veggies, berries, or even herbs that you could dry and use all year. Hope this helps.