What can I do for privacy in my bay window?

+3
  • What do you have there now? I am a big fan of sheer curtains, but that might not fit your decor. How about window film? Or shutters?

• Betsy Betsy on Feb 15, 2019

Hi Gloria: You can put up 1/2 curtains, that go 1/2 way up the window. You can get some of those expansion curtain rods and lace curtains, or just do the same thing with longer curtains. The rods come in different lengths, I have 2 shorter ones on my side windows and a longer one on the centre window. Across the top, on the outside, where the walls of the living room are, I have a lace valance with matching swags on both sides. Take a look at jcpenney.com/ or Sears.com to see what you might like. Good luck

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Feb 15, 2019

I've used window film for windows where I wanted the light, but, needed privacy.

• Homeroad Homeroad on Feb 15, 2019

You can either hang match stick roll binds or black out curtains or both. The roll up blinds might work well inside the window bay and the curtains on the outside.

• Madalon Madalon on Feb 15, 2019

Gila film sold in Home Depot or Lowe's.. Really need a second person to get bubbles out. We spray the glass with a little dish washing liquid in water.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 13, 2022

Window Vinyl - Contact etc. Voile or Nets or Lace Curtains, Blinds - Fabric or Slates, Shutters or Main Drapes.