Don't Throw Out Those Wine Corks!

You've probably got one too - that bowl full of wine corks just waiting for inspiration to hit you. I saw this wine cork memo board at a winery in Napa this summer and knew it would be the perfect way to use up those wine corks collecting dust.
All you need is a few items you probably already have in the house - wine corks, an old picture frame and a glue gun.
You'll need about 50-60 wine corks for this project. But that all depends on the size of picture frame you're using.
Keep your eye out for frames at yard sales and thrift shops. This owl print was not something I wanted, but the frame was the perfect size for this project. It measures about 10" x 24". I started by painting it in Graphite Chalk Paint and waxing it for protection with clear and dark wax.
Once your frame is dry, lay out the wine corks in your desired pattern. Start with a row of corks around the frame of the frame. Then add in the remaining. I used a brick 2 x 2 pattern as it was easiest.
Be sure to use lots of glue to make sure it's nice and secure. I landed up gluing the backs and then the sides of the corks so that they all became cohesive.
Let it dry thoroughly and then add pushpins to display your memo notes.

Heather (New House New Home)

• Evelyn Madrid

Did you take out the glass and the stiff thats in a frame and Just kept the back. Thats why the corks are more embedded??