New Life For An Old Carpenter's Chest

I stumbled into this 150 year old carpenter's chest at a barn sale and instantly fell in love.
I had to have it. Especially for the price the seller was asking. The question was what in the world would I do with it and where would it fit in my little house?
A friend made a suggestion that I could set my tv on top of it.
It took many, many hours to scrape off the caked on dirt and scrub the wood with dish soap and water. It was extremely dirty!
I decided to use it as an entertainment center but do a little more than just set my tv on it.
The lid had already been detached so I laid it flat on the floor and attached a tv mount to it, then attached my 32" led tv.
I laid the chest on its side and pushed it up against the wall then attached the lid. I originally planned to mount the lid to the wall but this wasn't possible because of the weight of lid.
I set some little crates inside to use as shelves and hooked up all of my electronics.
Voila! Now this old chest has a new purpose and a new life as an entertainment center!

Issaac @ Practicing ImPerfection

• Totally reinvented! Very clever!

• Mmc1595466

just to think of the 150 year old chest and the carpentry tools from that era, the loving and talented hands that used those old tools to build with is enough to make you appreciate what treasure you found. So glad you rescued it...