DIY Scarf or Tie Hanger

Scarves and ties can pile up on the floor and become an unnecessary source of mess. I used shower curtain rings, a hanger, twine, and hot glue to make this scarf or tie hanger to help keep my scarves organized.
diy scarf or tie hanger, organizing
diy scarf or tie hanger, organizing
Materials:
-Shower curtain rings
-Hanger
-Twine
-Hot glue
diy scarf or tie hanger, organizing
Wrap the "bumpy' part of the shower curtain ring in twine. Put a dab of hot glue at each end of the twine to secure to the shower curtain ring. (You can wrap the whole thing at once, but I found wrapping in sections to be easier.)
diy scarf or tie hanger, organizing
Put another dab of hot glue for the beginning of the second piece of twine. This piece should be significantly longer than the other piece. Wrap the remainder of the ring and hot glue the end.
diy scarf or tie hanger, organizing
Optional step: Wrap the bottom of the hanger in twine using the same method as above. I did this so the look of the black twine would be consistent throughout.
diy scarf or tie hanger, organizing
Use hot glue to glue the first row of shower curtain rings onto the hanger. The rings will feel a little unstable, but we'll fix that in the following steps. I used a 6, 5, 4 pyramid-type pattern, but you could vary the amount of rings according to your needs.
diy scarf or tie hanger, organizing
Continue gluing new rings onto the previous row of rings. Then take a 12" length of twine, glue the end, wrap it around the place where the shower curtain rings meet, and glue the other end. This will give some security and structure to your hanger.
diy scarf or tie hanger, organizing
Use this to hang scarves, ties, or other light items and keep your floor clutter-free.
diy scarf or tie hanger, organizing
A simpler version can also be made by choosing not to wrap the rings and attaching them with one tied piece of twine.
For a more detailed tutorial, visit http://www.destinationdecoration.com/diy-scarf-or-tie-hanger/

Elizabeth Fischer

• Barbara

Could you use this to hand your belts also

• Mem1683933

No.If you hang belts on it you will be sent to prison. Duh!

• Cindy

no need to be rude with an answer.

• Rose

You could but it may not be strong enough to hold the belts you'd have to use something more than a hot glue gun..

• Crazyponylady

I like this idea! will be making a simple but sturdier version using ZIP TIES!

• Sootie

I love some of the questions people ask. A good laugh for the day.

• L.b15366164

Funny 😂 laugh for the day

• Joanie

Barbara: Yes you can your belts on shower hooks, either on a hanger or on your rod in your closet. I took my belts and run them thru the hook and snapped them on my rod and pushed them clear to the end. You don't need a hanger, but it takes up less space. It works for me and purses too. Good Luck!!

• Wendy Mason-Cruz

I have to agree that I'd have to make it more secure! I don't see glue holding up for any period of time! Zip Ties are a great idea!!!!

• Sharon

Great idea. You could also use small zip ties to attach them?

• Stella Sigman

Love love love this idea I will be making this

• Tina

I want 2 make this. It'd be handy 4 all my scarves.

• Patti Swetka

Nicely done! I love the idea of wrapping the rings and hanger with yarn. No snags on silky scarfs from anything on the rings and adds a nice look! I plan on doing this with some extra shower curtain rings I have. I might wrap them using half hitches (just for a nautical touch ⛵️🔗)