Weaving and TV Dinners... Transforming Thrifted Treasures

A group of blogging pals and I get together a couple times a year and we head off and spend no more than $10 at a thrift store and mail it off to each other. The goal is to make over our care packages into something useful and creative. It's always hilarious to see what magic everyone can work with their random assortment of thrift store 'scores'. I received a metal TV dinner tray, some turquoise candle holders and scraps of leather. I used the first two items and love how they turned out! Click here to see all our past Thrift Store challenges!

You'll never believe how this looked before...

These spray painted candle holders were fine, but not my style at all. Also... the point of is to makeover the items you received so... I did!

Turns out, I LOVE weaving. I made a loom out of an old frame and used some scrap yarn to make this fun textural wall decor.

So sweet.

This tray is amazing, but again... the flowers felt a little dated and the point of this occasion is to work a little DIY magic with our items!

I used a reactive metallic paint to give the tray a more industrial patina, spray painted the underside neon pink and decorated it with a white paint pen.

I left the legs alone. They were perfection. Search social media for and Hometalk for to see all the other makeovers!
Stop by and say hi! At Charlotte's House

At Charlotte's House