How to Clean Blinds - the Easy Way!

Getting the Spring Fever itch? Get a jump start on your spring cleaning with an easy way to clean those icky blinds.
how to clean blinds the easy way, cleaning tips
This method is for faux wooden blinds. I've updated the blog post for additional tips on other style blinds. Visit: http://www.creativelysouthern.com/2013/02/how-to-clean-blinds.html to see more tips on how to clean REAL WOOD blinds and fabric blinds!
how to clean blinds the easy way, cleaning tips, Try vinegar and water or for really tough stuck on grime bleach and water
Try vinegar and water or for really tough stuck on grime - bleach and water. Dawn dish soap and water works great as well!! I lay these out in the sun to dry. Again, for WOOD blinds, check out the blog post. We go through the whole process. http://www.creativelysouthern.com/2013/02/how-to-clean-blinds.html
how to clean blinds the easy way, cleaning tips, Broken slats can be repaired easily by swapping it out for a perfectly good one on the bottom
Broken slats can be repaired easily by swapping it out for a perfectly good one on the bottom.
how to clean blinds the easy way, cleaning tips, Swap out slats using the same technique used to shorten blinds Pop off the plastic buttons on the bottom of the blinds
Swap out slats using the same technique used to shorten blinds. Pop off the plastic buttons on the bottom of the blinds.
how to clean blinds the easy way, cleaning tips, Remove the pull cords up to the broken slat Replace the slat with one from the bottom
Remove the pull cords up to the broken slat. Replace the slat with one from the bottom.
how to clean blinds the easy way, cleaning tips, Re thread the pull cord through all slats replace plastic buttons on the bottom and presto
Re-thread the pull cord through all slats, replace plastic buttons on the bottom and presto!!

Ellora at Creatively Southern

• Sara cariello

how can you clean the strings holding the slats together and the pull strings
  • Sheree

What happen when u can’t take the blinds down and they need to be clean what can I use

• Sabrina Wikle

The strings on my blinds don’t open and close the blinds, how do I fix this?

• Lora Taylor Hyatt

My vinyl blinds, I have 2 heavy duty command hooks up high on the long wall of my tub wall. Hang them up spray them down on both sides with Clorox cleanup or Awesome cleaner. Let them sit for a few minutes then spray them down with my hand shower nozzle with very warm water. Let them sit and drip for a little bit then hang them back up to dry.

• Sadiemarie1230

I take the blinds outside on the carport or driveway. A deck. Spray them with bleach. Let it soak a few minutes. Stings and all will be pretty and white again. The sun will dry them. But it's good if you have something to hang them on to dry faster. Take out as many as you want to wash. My friend has a smoking room. Has lots of blinds. The tar comes right off. I even put pine sold on a rag to wipe them. Room smells good.. That is if your wiping them. Keep them dusted with a feather duster.

• Shar

Yes; easy-peasy - no brainer. Can't soak blinds too long with too much bleach … could rot the fabric "strings." Got to be careful that the blinds don't dry with water spots on them.