Flower Turkeys for #Thanksgiving

A couple of years ago I was playing around with some fake flowers and had a brilliant idea for a Thanksgiving project!
First you'll need to pick up some fall-colored fake flowers from the craft store. They're usually really cheap this time of year because all the Christmas stuff is already out! You'll also need felt and a hot glue gun. Googly eyes are a fun, but optional addition.
Start by taking apart the flowers and layering them in different colors. Use hot glue to attach the layers together.
Then cut them in half (make sure there's a bit of glue behind the petals on the top half and the bottom half, or they could fall apart when you cut down the middle.)
Then add the felt body shape.
To turn them into napkin rings, glue burlap or felt around pieces of cut paper towel rolls, and glue a turkey to the front. They also make great hair clips (there's a pic in my blog post) I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks for reading!

3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
15 Perfectly Round Tables
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Steph @ Crafting in the Rain

• Anna of 4
    Anna of 4

I love this, I have my 2 young sons, and with Thanksgoving just a couple days away, this would be a great opportunity for them to get over their boredom of staying in the house. I have plenty of fall flowers and paper towel holders.

• Gloria McKague
    Gloria McKague

Great idea....