Flower Turkeys for #Thanksgiving

A couple of years ago I was playing around with some fake flowers and had a brilliant idea for a Thanksgiving project!
First you'll need to pick up some fall-colored fake flowers from the craft store. They're usually really cheap this time of year because all the Christmas stuff is already out! You'll also need felt and a hot glue gun. Googly eyes are a fun, but optional addition.
Start by taking apart the flowers and layering them in different colors. Use hot glue to attach the layers together.
Then cut them in half (make sure there's a bit of glue behind the petals on the top half and the bottom half, or they could fall apart when you cut down the middle.)
Then add the felt body shape.
To turn them into napkin rings, glue burlap or felt around pieces of cut paper towel rolls, and glue a turkey to the front. They also make great hair clips (there's a pic in my blog post) I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks for reading!

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain

• Katen

Festive look. Something you can do with kids and not take a long time (short attention span of kids). Allows kids to help with dinner celebrations, making Thanksgiving a true family gathering

• Anna of 4

I love this, I have my 2 young sons, and with Thanksgoving just a couple days away, this would be a great opportunity for them to get over their boredom of staying in the house. I have plenty of fall flowers and paper towel holders.