Cardboard Box to Chalkboard Art

$0

I started a series over on my blog called the $100 Room Challenge. I get one month, and $100 to completely transform a space. (You can learn more about the $100 Room Challenge, and find links to all my $100 Room Reveals, HERE). You do not need a big budget to make major changes, but you do need to get creative and think outside the box. One room I redid was our laundry room, and it only cost $85! This small budget forced me to use "my recyclables" as decor. In order to fill the blank wall above my shelf, I turned a dusty, cardboard box into a chalkboard art piece.
The idea to fill the wall space above the washer and dryer was a last minute decision. My first thought was to buy some wood letters and spell out "LAUNDRY" or "WASH & DRY", but when I got to the craft store, they were way too much for my limited budget. I came across some chalkboards, and realized that would be SO much easier (no leveling each letter on the wall), but the chalkboards were all really small and wouldn't look right in the space... Then, it hit me... I drove home hoping I had a large piece of cardboard, and as luck would have it, I found one in our recycle pile.
I got out some chalkboard paint and started painting away.

Check out that sign! Can you believe it started out as a piece of cardboard?! Please believe me when I say that I do NOT have beautiful handwriting like what you see on that sign... You can get all the details on how to do this yourself HERE.

To see the whole $85 laundry room reveal, check out the link below.

Erin

• JoAnn

Wow!

• Ms. Curry

I made a chalkboard wine bottle, but I notice my erase messages were still in the back ground, so thank you for the infor about seasoned the chalkboard.