'Entrance Partition Made Nice'

As promised my here is my posting for the Entrance side of my ‘Lounge/Entrance temporary partition’ project
I don’t have apicture of it before starting this project, but it was very similar to this and the same dark oak colour
And in the picture above you can see where I have painted the 1st primer coat and put the Plasterboard up, I put a fake brick on the backing (please note this is a sticky back brick paper so is easily removable, but I want a kind of French entrance so this kind of worked for me
SO after a few coats of top coat paint and completing sticking the brick effect paper on it I totally loved the storage space I had created however I DID NOT LIEKT HE MESSY LOOK of it all.. something had to be done about this, and especially that horrid looking eclectic box… uggggg
So I got my brain thinking and this is what I did
I measured the 6 shelving areas and got some old moving boxes out the attic (nice solid sturdy ones)
I cut them to size and made boxes to fit… and although this would hide the mess…. Lets face it they still look ugly so…..
I had a few (30) hessian bags (but any fabric will do, I just happened to have had these given to me and lying around doing noting (I only used about 15 of them so still have a bunch left over) I cat them up and stuck the hessian to the boxes
I gathered together some bits and bobs from my craft box like Lace, old bracelets and beads etc. and attached them to the front of the hessian on the boxes
I was so thrilled with the outcome and it was in keeping with the ‘French’ theme I was going for. But that pesky electric box was still winding me up something wicked…. It had to be hidden
So out came the cardboard and measuring tape and I made a box that could just be rested on it… so simple, a coat of paint and the eyesore was history.. woohoo
so simple, a coat of paint and the eyesore was history.. woohoo
AND BELOW THE FINAL PRODUCT I am so thrilled with it

3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas

• Karen Reilly

Is hessian burlap

• Patricia Thomas

Thank you for recreating this project for us. This will also make great Christmas gifts for the females in our lives. I wonder if we can spray starch the flannel for easy dusting? It is a parent, you have the heart of a teacher.

• Judy

How did you attach the fabric to your boxes? Hot glue, Mod Podge?

• Cinzanno

@Judy all of the above would work however I had a roll of carpet tape lying around, so I put it to use, seems to be holding well so far