Monogram Christmas Wreath

$25

When we toured our home before buying it, the kitchen fireplace was one of the first features that captured my heart! I love the stone and the height, and the fact that it's also open to the backyard is a huge bonus! Almost immediately I envisioned a giant Christmas wreath hanging above the fireplace for the holidays! This year {our eighth Christmas in our home}, I finally managed to make it happen!
But I didn't want to hang just a plain wreath... I wanted to do something simple and modern, but with a punch of color and interest. When I found a large monogram fiberboard monogram, I knew it was just the thing. {Full source list on my blog at the link below}.
I began by using a wide paintbrush to paint the R and surrounding circle bright red. I didn't bother painting the back since the wreath would be hanging against the fireplace.
Once the paint was dry, I secured the painted letter to the wreath {details on the blog}. Then I used wide black and white striped ribbon to hang the wreath from a hook in the ceiling above our fireplace.
I am loving the way the pop of red on the monogram ties in with the red metal Christmas trees on each side of the fireplace, and the way it contrasts against the blue and teal of the rug in our kitchen sitting area. And the black and white striped ribbon coordinates with lots of other black and white striped Christmas details throughout our main floor.
The wreath makes this space feel so much more festive, and it's now the perfect place to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate {or a glass of wine}!
Want to see more of our modern and colorful Christmas home decor, including lots of modern DIY projects? You'll find a link to the full tour in the post linked below!

12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Angela, Blue i Style