Carolyn ~ homework
Carolyn ~ homework
  • Los Angeles, CA

DIY Faux Cranberry Glass

I am obsessed with painted glass bottles and jars. I have seen so many beautiful projects lately; simple spray painted bottles, white paint inside of the glass resulting in a milk glass effect and Mod Podge and blue food coloring inside of the glass which makes beautiful sea glass.
I decided to try making faux cranberry glass. True cranberry glass is an art and the glass is typically hand blown. You can
Once the Mod Podge and food coloring is dry the glass takes on a "cranberry" color.
Depending on how much blue and red food coloring you use, the cranberry will dry in different shades.
Cover the rim of the jar with an old necklace or beads and no one will know it was once a jar.
Carolyn ~ homework

• Lainie Jo

I made these for my wedding! Avoid water, the modge podge melts right off! There are several glass paints you can use as an alternative though!

• Teri Brewer Maue

You can find decorative very small candy dishes and such at thrift store. Turn then upside down to cover the jar top.