Nicki Morrow-Winkles
Nicki Morrow-Winkles
  • Zionsville, IN

Budget Friendly Kitchen Makeover

$200

Our kitchen needed a lot of help when we moved into our 100 year old farmhouse. Previous people who lived here had ripped up the floors and left nothing but cheap particle board down, the glass in the built in cabinet was broken out. We had to fix it up on a budget of $200 and that including new flooring.
The stove is my favorite part. 1959 GE stove FREE from Craigslist. The chandelier was $2 at a yard sale. The mirror is an unconventional "pop" of contrast above the stove.
The cabinets are a little wonky as they tend to be in old farmhouses so we covered it with a painters drop cloth.
Collections
Collections
The flooring was bought on sale at Lowes. Peel and stick tiles that we did ourselves.
budget friendly kitchen makeover, home decor, kitchen design, kitchen island
Glass knobs from Hobby Lobby on sale for $1 each
I added an old broken top from a mirror above the window.
My kitchen island was a cabinet pulled out from curbside, given a fresh coat of paint, glass knobs and a marble top {Also a great score on Craigslist}.
Cake plate collection lines the upper cabinets.
Nicki Morrow-Winkles

• AbadinBandB

Looove the all white , just did another room change into all white too. Great job!

• Ran22549902

Very fresh and elegant! Love the skirted base cabinets. Problem for me is that they start off nicely pleated and it gets lost along the way. The concept is so cool, maybe rework the installation? I did skirted base cabinets out of old fashioned pillow ticking. Black and white. Sheered the panels on simple sash rods. The fabric hung consistant all of the way. But all that being said, awesome job!! Love the classic look. Thanks for sharing...
    Randy