Valentine's Pillow Made of Old Jeans

Valentine's projects are really quite fun when you get going on them! I can find myself going a bit overboard! I like pops of red for Valentines' but it's also really fun to stay a bit more neutral or even go a bit unconventional and create something that is Valentine themed but also would work year round. Hearts have become a bit of a trend again - much cuter now than back in the 70's and 80's though - am I right?!
This month as part of a challenge to create something Valentine's themed out of 'junk' I pulled out a pair of old, worn jeans and a thrifted leather jacket to do my creating.
Here is what I came up with!
Leather jacket from a thrift store and an old pair of jeans from a friend - the pillow was created for my friend!
I love the way it looks when you use the pockets of jeans in repurposed textile projects! And the leather adds a great texture too!
Main scrap pieces pinned to a piece of canvas. Stitched on to create the patchwork texture.
To see the rest of this tutorial hop on over to http://sewafineseam.com/2016/02/03/valentines-pillow-made-of-old-jeans/

15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Jill F

• Mickie
    Mickie

How did you stitch on the leather hearts? Did you use an awl / leather punch and then hand sew?

• Jill F
      Jill F

I simply sewed them on with my machine. This leather was really lightweight but a home sewing machine will sew through pretty heavy leather