Jill F
Jill F
  • Covington, OH

Valentine's Pillow Made of Old Jeans

Valentine's projects are really quite fun when you get going on them! I can find myself going a bit overboard! I like pops of red for Valentines' but it's also really fun to stay a bit more neutral or even go a bit unconventional and create something that is Valentine themed but also would work year round. Hearts have become a bit of a trend again - much cuter now than back in the 70's and 80's though -
valentine s pillow made of old jeans, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas
Leather jacket from a thrift store and an old pair of jeans from a friend - the pillow was created for my friend!
I love the way it looks when you use the pockets of jeans in repurposed textile projects! And the leather adds a great texture too!
Main scrap pieces pinned to a piece of canvas. Stitched on to create the patchwork texture.
To see the rest of this tutorial hop on over to http://sewafineseam.com/2016/02/03/valentines-pillow-made-of-old-jeans/
Jill F

• Mickie

How did you stitch on the leather hearts? Did you use an awl / leather punch and then hand sew?

• Jill F

I simply sewed them on with my machine. This leather was really lightweight but a home sewing machine will sew through pretty heavy leather