Cindy
Cindy
  • Bossier City, LA

Pantry On the Sly

With 5 people squeezed into a 1350 square foot house, I'm all for discovering spaces to use as double purpose. So what's one space that is sorely overlooked as storage in most homes? Behind the doors!
pantry on the sly, closet, diy, organizing, storage ideas
There was almost 4 inches between the wall and the inside of the door jam. Sooo I though, "Aha! turn some 2x4s into a shelving unit and viola!
I had all the pieces cut at the local home improvement store. Painted and assembled them to look like this...
My sweet husband put them together to look like a ladder. It took both of us to move it into the house and manuver it into place. He attached it to the wall and this is hour it turned out...
Somehow I managed to measure this so the doorknob would fit just inside the shelves...
Also screws were added to the upper part to hang my husband's grilling tools out of reach of the kids.
For more information about how the shelf was made and lengths of the board please visit my blog. Thanks so much for visiting!
Cindy

• Mary Beth

Such a great idea!

• Jkwhite01

You are way more crafty than i. This is an awesome idea for a spot on the wall by my clothes dryer!