Jeremy Dixon
Jeremy Dixon
  • Clarksville, TN

Quick and Easy Tick Removal

Ticks are everywhere here in Tennessee, so much so that our Chickens can’t seem to keep up with them, though I’m sure they give it their best. So if you live around us or in an area where ticks are living, it pays to know an easy and safe way to remove them.
If you’re not already convinced, we have a friend who recently made a trip to the ER to find out that he is now allergic to the meat of mammals
quick and easy tick removal, pets animals, Quick and Easy Tick Removal Process all you need is dental floss and a steady hand
Quick and Easy Tick Removal Process (all you need is dental floss and a steady hand.)
quick and easy tick removal, pets animals, Step 1 Locate Tick A simple visual inspection at the end of the day
Step 1 – Locate Tick A simple visual inspection at the end of the day.
quick and easy tick removal, pets animals, Step 2 Take some dental floss and make a loose knot Lay the knot around the tick area and gently tighten the knot making sure it tightens right where the tick meets your body Once it is in the right position tighten it down
Step 2 – Take some dental floss and make a loose knot. Lay the knot around the tick area and gently tighten the knot making sure it tightens right where the tick meets your body. Once it is in the right position, tighten it down.
quick and easy tick removal, pets animals, Step 3 Gently pull on the floss knot Generally the tick will release if you just apply constant pressure for a little while
Step 3 – Gently pull on the floss/knot. Generally the tick will release if you just apply constant pressure for a little while.
quick and easy tick removal, pets animals, Step 4 Once you have a live tick on a string it s best to put it in a plastic bag with the date of removal on it Put that bag in the freezer to preserve the tick This is in case your health turns and the tick needs tested
Step 4 – Once you have a live tick on a string, it’s best to put it in a plastic bag with the date of removal on it. Put that bag in the freezer to preserve the tick. This is in case your health turns and the tick needs tested.
Jeremy Dixon

• Sherilyn Lawson

i'm moving to an area with ticks and no nothing about them. thank you. i will be living alone, can this be done on one's self? with one hand, i mean? if i were to get a tick on my arm, i'd only have the other arm to work with

• Sherilyn Lawson

Thank you. I keep peppermint oil around to put on cotton balls and toss under my house to keep mice and critters from going under there in the fall. I now will use it all year round 😊