Easy 4th of July/Patriotic Glass Jar Craft With SO MANY Uses!

$1

Easy, Fast, Inexpensive, and so versatile. Repurpose a jar into so many uses for the 4th of July!

easy 4th of july patriotic glass jar craft with so many uses , crafts, home decor, patriotic decor ideas, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
I started with a glass jar. Mine is an old olive jar.
I bought these flags from Target 3 for $1. I pulled the flag off the wooden pole
I used mod podge and a paint brush.
I painted the back of the flag with the mod podge and stuck it on the jar. I then painted the top of the flag with the mod podge as well.
I let it dry. Now for just a few of many ideas you can use this jar for this holiday!
This is just a simple luminary with a candle inside.
Add some flowers and it's a vase.
*Use it to put silverware, straws, etc in for serving. *You could use it as a glass and serve a beverage in it. *Add some candy and give it away for a party favor. *Make one of those great bug repellant candles in it for your patio. *Make it into a soap dispenser by adding the soap dispenser top. *Put salads, desserts, etc in them for people to eat out of. *Turn it into a tiki torch. *The list goes on and on
These next pictures are some of my favorite. I added a multi colored solar light inside it... you could use a simple plain white one as well.
I have so many uses for this simple inexpensive project. I just might have to make more, after all I have 2 more flags...

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

• Jar
  • Flag
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Car7650151

Where did you get the multi-colored solar lights?

• Donna

What did you use to get the colored lights in the last few photos?

• Sheila Sweet

Trying this for our Veterans home nearby. Thanks, Would the mod podge work for adhesive on glass gems on to smooth pine wood? It is a lighted cactus with every other hole covered by a opaque gem. Hot glue & gorilla has not worked so far. Outdoor project. Any ideas?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Thanks Sheila, I'm so excited you want to give this a try. As far as your project since it is outside - Mod Podge is not water proof, so if it is in the elements then it might not be a good choice. I can think of 3 things that might work - wood glue, silicone, or E6000.

• Brenda Reding-Cramer

Those flags can also be used to put on a plain T shirt. Use double sided binding iron on. Then sew around the flag for good measure.

• Johnette

Looking forward to seeing the results. As a Custom Decorator there is not much I enjoy more than passing on what I have learned to others. Form, Function and Beauty! We CAN have it all!!