Jamie Tomkins
Jamie Tomkins
  • Lakeside, AZ

Make a Bandana Flag Wreath

With the celebration of Independence Day coming up soon, I always love to feature a craft that goes along with that holiday, like this Bandana Flag Wreath. I always love anything that are the colors of the flag, or things that make people stop for a minute and give thanks for our freedom and those that fight to keep that.
This was really easy to make and could be reused every year, or just recycled for
make a bandana flag wreath, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, repurposing upcycling, wreaths
STEP 1: I started by folding the blue bandana's into long strips and looping them around a part of the wire wreath.
STEP 2: Next, I started alternating between the folded white and red bandana's to make the "stripes". With the size of the wreath, I went over the actual number of flag stripes, but figured it was okay for just a decoration.
STEP 3: I then wrapped some extra bandana's around the cowboy hat that I was going to attach to the front to hide the rest of the metal wreath form that was still showing. After that I got some needle & thread out to secure the cowboy hat to the metal piece. I sewed through the hat, and around the wire frame to make sure it was completely secure.
STEP 4: I then decided to display it on our front porch, but you can put it anywhere that you wish.

• Bandana's (Red/White/Blue)  (Dollar Tree / Amazon)
  • Round Wire Wreath Frame  (Dollar Tree)
  • Cowboy Hat  (Dollar Tree)
Jamie Tomkins

• Dja7484698

How many bandanas did you use, and how many strips did you get out of one bandana

• Jamie Tomkins

That sounds great Theresa - everyone can have their own way of making things. :)

• Kenneth Bucy

Did you check the U.S. Flag code before you penned this article? Many of your suggestions violate the code (which is federal law). You can respond to me at 151LRP@gmail.com.

• Dawn Surrency-Sage

I am making this tupe of wreath but I don't want to cut them down I like them long I have spray starch dies that work better than hot glue corners