Modern Rustic Home Office

We recently finished our first whole room renovation, my husband's home office. The room was already rustic since we live in a log home. It was basically a makeshift office to begin with. I had used a folding table as the desk top across two antique desk bases and his vintage slot car track was just on a base of boxes.
Because it's his room, I wanted to include all of things my husband likes; sports, fishing, hobbies, slot cars. We were on a very tight budget so we had to get creative with some pieces. I think in the end we came up with a really good mix of everything.
He wanted his vintage slot car track to be easily accessible in the room, but not dominating it, so we designed and built this thin fold-down cabinet. I did a large scale painting of my husband salt marsh kayaking at dawn on the front of the cabinet.
Here it is laid down. The couch is convertible, so we designed the slot car cabinet table to be the correct height for the couch arms to support it when it's converted into bed mode.
My husband really wanted a more modern design, so I found some mid-century tables at my favorite used furniture store for a great deal. I found that Kilim rug on clearance online.
We built a large bookcase for this corner. I found that leather chair at the same used furniture store as the tables.
And we built the basketball goal table from a goal he found on Craigslist. To see how we did it, you can read about it here DIY Man Cave Basketball Goal Side Table
Speaking of Craigslist, I found this mid-century desk for free, refinished it in navy and restored the hardware back to original. You can see before photos and read all about how I did it here: Mid Century Desk Makeover
To fill this wall, we framed some reprints of front pages of the Detroit Free Press featuring some of his favorite Detroit teams' big moments.
If you would like to see more details of how we did everything and see my sources for the items that were not thrifted, feel free to visit my blog post linked below. Thanks so much for reading about our room!

Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
15 Perfectly Round Tables
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Dara The Roots of Home

• Deb Savin

Absolutely love it!

• LibraryKAT

It's a beautiful job, I really like it. Wish we had a used furniture store with such goodies around. (Most here is bad 1980s stuff.)