DIY Antler Jewelry Holder

3 materials
I like to have my jewelry displayed in plain sight in my closet so I can see what I have. I also like to keep it organized. I'm always adding new pieces, so in order to stay organized it was time for some additional jewelry storage!
I found these Antlers in Hobby Lobby’s Christmas Aisle (yes, they already have a Christmas aisle?!) for $1.50 each! I was immediately in love. They were attached to sticks to put in an arrangement of some sort, I’m guessing. I also picked up this wooden disk at Hobby Lobby.
I started by painting the antlers white.
Then I painted the wooden disk white.
Once I had them all painted, I let them sit and dry completely.
When I was sure they were completely dry, I started the color blocking. I took masking tape, taped off the tops of a few antlers and painted them.
Once everything was the way I liked it, I removed the sticks from the antlers. I actually thought this was going to be harder than it was. I literally just yanked the sticks out. I didn’t even have to pull that hard!
I drilled the antlers into the wooden disk. The antlers already had holes in the bottom of them, so it made it extra simple to drill!
And that's it!
Just add jewelry!

The Cofran Home

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

2 of 21 comments
Next