6 Considerations When Decorating a Small Space

I struggled with this concept when I was moving into my 400 sq. foot studio apartment when I was 23. But after figuring out some things that worked along the way I thought I would share with all of you amazing readers!
1. Multi-Functional & Effectively Using Space You Have - This can be applied to many areas with in your decor. It could be applied to furniture, storage, and just your aesthetic. (see more space saving tips on my blog)
2. Aesthetic - whether it is eclectic or shabby chic, all can be done in a successful way in a small space.
3. Color Scheme - Between the window treatment, accent wall with drapery and the chandelier - this space appears larger
4. Less is More - keeping it simple is very important. You don't want to try and be so crazy creative to over clutter your small space.
5. Furniture selection - clean lines can help a small space appear to me larger and cleaner
6. Storage - Hidden is usually my preference... but if you can pull off storage in a clean organized way, I say go for it!!!
Meredith Schneider

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 20 comments
Next