Lizy McGow
Lizy McGow
  • Flat Rock, MI

DIY Tide Pods Rainbow Fish Lamp

$12.00

An empty container of Tide Pods became this lovely and inexpensive lamp for my son's room. All you need other than the container is a glue gun, a circle paper punch, craft paper and a lamp kit and shade. I made mine for about $12 dollars.
More at http://justdipitinchocolate.blogspot.com/2013/07/recycled-diy-tide-pods-fish-lamp.html
Here is how you start covering the Tide Pods Container with quite a few circles made with your puncher
After you cover "the fish with scales" it's time to add a few more details like the fins which is just heart shaped cardboard boxes  cut outs attached to the container and beads for the eyes
After you cover "the fish with scales" it's time to add a few more details like the fins which is just heart shaped cardboard boxes cut outs attached to the container and beads for the eyes
I got lucky and found a lampshade on sale for about 6 dollars. Open a hole on the lid  to attach the lamp kit set and another on the bottom of the container so the cable can exit and be free to connect.
I got lucky and found a lampshade on sale for about 6 dollars. Open a hole on the lid to attach the lamp kit set and another on the bottom of the container so the cable can exit and be free to connect.
Really there is nothing to it, your imagination is the limit with this project.
I have a happy kid and so would you if you decide to give this recycling project a try!