DIY Bed Skirt is Super Simple, Cheap & Adjusts to Bed Height

$32
2.5 Hours

Check out the new bed skirt I made in less than 3 hours. It costs me about $32 for the fabric and the best part is I can adjust it for the height of my bed, AND I put it on myself. No help is needed to pull the mattress off. Full tutorial is on the blog. Please click here to get all the details.
It looks custom made. But, of course, it IS custom made. By me, not some expensive designer.
Love this fabric!
I cut two sides, two corners and one end. Diagram is on the blog. Click here.
Box pleat in center of the side
Hemmed top, bottom, and sides and then pressed this box pleat in place at the middle of the sides. Ran over it with machine at the top to hold in place
Corners look like this.
Pinned two corners in place and then pinned end and sides over them.
These T pins worked great.
These pins went directly into the box springs at an angle. There is no "deck" so you can adjust the height wherever you need it.
Box pleat.
You could add a box pleat in the middle of the end, but I didn't because a large chest sits at the end of my bed.
This was the old one. Ugh! It didn't do the bedroom in my new house any justice at all.

• Fabric  (Jo-Ann Fabrics)
  • T Pins  (Jo-Ann Fabrics)
  • Stitch Witchery if you don't sew  (Amazon)

Biscuits & Burlap

• Bernice H

Soooo...this is lovely. Really. Now iS it just resting on the edge of the foundation-not covering the whole foundation , right? And it stays in place? I hate bed skirts that are covering the whole foundation of the bed because they always slip and hang. I love what you have done,but does it really stay? Very pretty.
  • 861650

I saved your post the first time around and loved it. What type of fabric did you use?

• Sheryll S

Looks like a nice drapery fabric to me. That's also what I would use.

• Judy

I have an adjustable base, not spring box spring. Can I use the T pins in the adjustable base ? Love your bedskirt, you’ll very talented!’

• Lisa Sinclair

Love the idea,( and the fabric),very easy instructions to follow. Thank you for sharing. Just a little tip, fro me, I once attached a bed skirt to ann old fitted sheet, it kept the bedskirt in place. No pins needed, and i was able to re-use the sheet instead of throwing it away. Then it was easy to remove and wash if needed.
  • Roundbedsheetsets

Nice information given by you, bed skirt is also provides best quality bed skirt For more information please visit our website:- lavender bed skirt