Rubber Door Mat Wall Decor in 30 Minutes

$25

Hey Y'all!!! I'm am so excited about this project!If you're looking for a statement piece for your home decor but don't want to dig deep in your pockets, this is totally the project for you! Who would have thought a door mat could become such a wall beauty?!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Wait 'til you see what this door mat becomes!!!
SUPPLIES:

STEP 1: Spray mat First, I spray painted my mat using long, quick bursts. I had a handy dandy spray can attachment but unfortunately, after several years, it kicked the bucket and I haven’t gotten a new one yet. Do one even coat on the front and sides of the mat—I didn’t bother with the back since it was going to be hanging on the wall. STEP 2: Let the mat dry completely.
STEP 3: Sand the mat Once my mat was dry, I lightly sanded the top of the mat. You can apply more pressure in some places to give the mat a more worn look.
I. AM. OBSESSED!!! I absolutely love the color blue I chose -- I'm half tempted to re-do my entire living room to flow with this color. I am crazy about this project and how quick and easy it was to create a nice piece of wall decor -- you can hang it vertically or horizontally, whatever your decor need is! Score for DIY! :) *The only thing I feel I need to do to is reinforce how my mat is hanging on my wall...I may add a few little small nails on the right side to help it stay flat.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk

• Bonnie Merz Seubert

How about those 3M Command Stripes to secure the areas that need it?

• Chris

This would be awesome with stair runners in the right space or flanking a piece of art or a clock. !!

• Chuz97

Didn't you forget the step about protecting the rest of the wall from the paint or am I missing something?

• Tiffanie

I didn't see it directly addressed in the post but if you are worried about paint transfer into the hanging wall, I am sure a backer could be added for protection and an added pop of color. :)

• T davidson

What was used to hang mat and what size?

• Yukibar

Look at the video - looks like small nails were hammered into the wall. I might use command hooks or even decorative nails. Google it.

• Donna Powell

Definitely a very unique piece of art for the wall. Gives the room a bit of architectural flare. I really like it.

• Tam

Great idea! AND I really like the layers in your hair...very pretty!