Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Rubber Door Mat Wall Decor in 30 Minutes

$25

Hey Y'all!!! I'm am so excited about this project!If you're looking for a statement piece for your home decor but don't want to dig deep in your pockets, this is totally the project for you! Who would have thought a door mat could become such a wall beauty?!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
rubber door mat wall decor, doors, home decor, wall decor
Wait 'til you see what this door mat becomes!!!
SUPPLIES:

STEP 1: Spray mat First, I spray painted my mat using long, quick bursts. I had a handy dandy spray can attachment but unfortunately, after several years, it kicked the bucket and I haven’t gotten a new one yet. Do one even coat on the front and sides of the mat—I didn’t bother with the back since it was going to be hanging on the wall. STEP 2: Let the mat dry completely.
STEP 3: Sand the mat Once my mat was dry, I lightly sanded the top of the mat. You can apply more pressure in some places to give the mat a more worn look.
I. AM. OBSESSED!!! I absolutely love the color blue I chose -- I'm half tempted to re-do my entire living room to flow with this color. I am crazy about this project and how quick and easy it was to create a nice piece of wall decor -- you can hang it vertically or horizontally, whatever your decor need is! Score for DIY! :) *The only thing I feel I need to do to is reinforce how my mat is hanging on my wall...I may add a few little small nails on the right side to help it stay flat.

• Bev

What did your drop cloth look like after? I want to paint a carpet for my screened in porch.

• Porttawney

Brainstorm! How about using mat as stencil to paint porch floor? Heavy mat looks much easier to use than paper stencil for allover pattern. Will post my results after trying .

• Sandra

First, I love this. It’s beautiful. We did this to cover the air return for our heat and AC. It eventually started to sag badly. I think a piece of 2 x 1, at least, along the top would help support it. The problem is the grating is not attached in many places. That is the real problem. Wonder how using large staples would work securing from behind all the way through the grating.

• Sharon Eastham
    2 hours ago

Does Amazon have several door mat styles, or just Liverpool?

• Mary M

I think many of us had the same idea, a stencil! A tan cloth painters tarp stenciled for a perfect patio rug!

Your wall hanging is very nice too!

• Valarie Merillo

What a great idea !!! Thank you