DIY Laundry / Mudroom Makeover

$1500
1 Month

A drop and go spot, to a nice functioning mudroom! I wanted to hire this project out, but I couldn't get any contractors to call me back. It took way longer than expected, but I love it!
Check out the full version with more pictures when you're done here! http://www.targetandtory.com/diy-laundry-room-makeover/
diy laundry mudroom makeover, foyer
I started by ripping out the useless cabinet and bringing back the closet another foot. Then, I added groutable peel and stick vinyl on top of the current linoleum. This stuff is AMAZING!
diy laundry mudroom makeover, foyer
Once new flooring and appliances were in, I was able to get exact dimensions I could work with. I knew I wanted 4 lockers, a folding table, and closet/cabinet to hold the vacuum and reusable bags. I found a few tutorials on Pinterest, combined them, and started at it.
diy laundry mudroom makeover, foyer
diy laundry mudroom makeover, foyer
diy laundry mudroom makeover, foyer
diy laundry mudroom makeover, foyer
I'm a huge fan of board and batten (every makeover I do seems to involve it), so I definitely had to add it here!
diy laundry mudroom makeover, foyer
I bought this $30 pendant light at Home Depot, but it reminded me too much of Dic Tracey, so I spray painted the inside a gold, and outside an oil rubbed bronze. LOVE IT!
diy laundry mudroom makeover, foyer
diy laundry mudroom makeover, foyer
diy laundry mudroom makeover, foyer
I made rolling shoe storage for each cubby. The long middle cubby holds my kids soccer equipment/bags. The tutorial I followed to make these can be found on my blog post. They were so easy.
diy laundry mudroom makeover, foyer
The struggle was real, when I tried finding laundry baskets to fit the dimensions I wanted to use. I made sure I had these in my hand, before I started building. I was NOT going to put all of this effort in and have my baskets stick out. (Baskets from Target). I do want a wall drying rack, I just haven't found one that I like in my price range.
diy laundry mudroom makeover, foyer
diy laundry mudroom makeover, foyer
On the kids lockers I added an extra hook on the side and lower for them to reach easier. They have been putting their backpacks on it!
diy laundry mudroom makeover, foyer
I was able to complete 90% of this makeover without help. I had my dad help rip out the cabinets, re-frame the closet, and change the electrical. I do still have some finishing touches that I need to complete, but after 2 months of working on this I needed a break. Waiting for winter to paint the inside of the closet, paint/trim an added boot shelf I put next to the washer, etc.
I hope you enjoyed this makeover. More details are on the blog! I will also be adding more DIY projects in the future.
Here's a link to my other Hometalk post. http://www.hometalk.com/23614809/cute-and-easy-bookshelves
Andrea

• Renata

Looks absolutely fantastic, but it looks like u ripped out a sink, did u?

• Lilliam

Where did you put your wash and dryer?

• Sunny

Looks great! You should think about becoming a contractor 😉. Anyhow, do you know if the peel and stick tile would work over old laminate? So want to change my outdated laminate floors, but don't want to tear them all up! Thanks!