DIY Laundry / Mudroom Makeover

$1500
1 Month

A drop and go spot, to a nice functioning mudroom! I wanted to hire this project out, but I couldn't get any contractors to call me back. It took way longer than expected, but I love it!
Check out the full version with more pictures when you're done here! http://www.targetandtory.com/diy-laundry-room-makeover/
I started by ripping out the useless cabinet and bringing back the closet another foot. Then, I added groutable peel and stick vinyl on top of the current linoleum. This stuff is AMAZING!
Once new flooring and appliances were in, I was able to get exact dimensions I could work with. I knew I wanted 4 lockers, a folding table, and closet/cabinet to hold the vacuum and reusable bags. I found a few tutorials on Pinterest, combined them, and started at it.
I'm a huge fan of board and batten (every makeover I do seems to involve it), so I definitely had to add it here!
I bought this $30 pendant light at Home Depot, but it reminded me too much of Dic Tracey, so I spray painted the inside a gold, and outside an oil rubbed bronze. LOVE IT!
I made rolling shoe storage for each cubby. The long middle cubby holds my kids soccer equipment/bags. The tutorial I followed to make these can be found on my blog post. They were so easy.
The struggle was real, when I tried finding laundry baskets to fit the dimensions I wanted to use. I made sure I had these in my hand, before I started building. I was NOT going to put all of this effort in and have my baskets stick out. (Baskets from Target). I do want a wall drying rack, I just haven't found one that I like in my price range.
On the kids lockers I added an extra hook on the side and lower for them to reach easier. They have been putting their backpacks on it!
I was able to complete 90% of this makeover without help. I had my dad help rip out the cabinets, re-frame the closet, and change the electrical. I do still have some finishing touches that I need to complete, but after 2 months of working on this I needed a break. Waiting for winter to paint the inside of the closet, paint/trim an added boot shelf I put next to the washer, etc.
I hope you enjoyed this makeover. More details are on the blog! I will also be adding more DIY projects in the future.
Here's a link to my other Hometalk post. http://www.hometalk.com/23614809/cute-and-easy-bookshelves

Andrea

• Renata

Looks absolutely fantastic, but it looks like u ripped out a sink, did u?

• Lilliam

Where did you put your wash and dryer?

• Sunny

Looks great! You should think about becoming a contractor 😉. Anyhow, do you know if the peel and stick tile would work over old laminate? So want to change my outdated laminate floors, but don't want to tear them all up! Thanks!

• Diana Deiley

Very nice. It looks so organized and fresh! Great job. Keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

• Jackie

I am inspired, my laundry room is way smaller than hers. I’m still looking for something that would work for me