Up-cycling an Obsolete Entertainment Center

Beautiful, solid oak entertainment center that nobody had a need for; recycling these pieces into usable, everyday items.
Gorgeous solid oak and oak plywood entertainment center.  These centers are becoming obsolete, but they're too beautiful to waste!
Gorgeous solid oak and oak plywood entertainment center. These centers are becoming obsolete, but they're too beautiful to waste!
This is where I said, "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!"
1st project:  an upright 'anything & everything' cabinet.  I brought the 2 ends of the center together for this, because both ends were 'finished'.
1st project: an upright 'anything & everything' cabinet. I brought the 2 ends of the center together for this, because both ends were 'finished'.
After the VCR drawer is shortened, I put it in the cabinet for a pull-out 4th drawer.  I chose black paint to tie in with other pieces, but just couldn't bring myself to cover all the beautiful oak....now to think up other projects....
After the VCR drawer is shortened, I put it in the cabinet for a pull-out 4th drawer. I chose black paint to tie in with other pieces, but just couldn't bring myself to cover all the beautiful oak....now to think up other projects....
It took me awhile, but I finally decided to make a shoe bench from the left-overs.  Notice the TV cupboard doors are the sides.  Not bad for a housewife who's never been to woodshop class!
It took me awhile, but I finally decided to make a shoe bench from the left-overs. Notice the TV cupboard doors are the sides. Not bad for a housewife who's never been to woodshop class!
I always wanted shelves in this tiny nook by the window.  There was just enough oak plywood left!
I always wanted shelves in this tiny nook by the window. There was just enough oak plywood left!