Pine Moose Coasters

These DIY Pine Moose Coasters are cute and quite simple to make. This is a fantastic project to make using scrap wood, and can be finished very quickly. These easy to make Moose coasters are unique, and something fun for your rustic decor, a gift, or for use as holiday coasters!
I am all about easy crafts do not get much simpler than this one!
• Begin by cutting your wood into slices; cut as many slices as you would like to make coasters. In this tutorial a scrap piece of 4×4 pine was used and cut in the garage.
• Using an orbital sander or by hand with a sanding block, sand smooth your wood piece.
• Cover your surface (including making cardboard "walls" to prevent over spray
• After you have adhered your moose, spray evenly with black (or dark brown) spray paint
• At this point you are finished (told you this was simple). However, if you like, use a high heat spray to finish the coaster and make it waterproof. I strongly urge this, and with the spray high heat finish I recommend, simple to do! However, if you want the rustic look, avoid spraying with the high heat spray as it leaves a gloss.
• You may also want to protect your furniture surface from any rough edges, and so use cork, felt or kitchen shelf liner on the bottom of your coasters to prevent scratches. Simply cut out a 4″x4″ square and attach with a glue gun (I will say that since Hubby had me try it, the kitchen liner is by far my backing of choice).
• If giving as a gift, tie with some twine or a piece of ribbon

The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Ann's Entitled Life