Temporary Removable Backsplash

$35

We rent our home, so I'm always looking for temporary ways to add character and decorate without causing permanent damage. Our kitchen is beautiful, but a bit bland. When I stumbled across this peel-and-stick temporary wallpaper that looks like white subway tile, I almost fell over.
Seriously, you just peel and stick this stuff to your walls.
Yes, it is a bit of an art and the technique takes a little bit of effort to get down. I recommend peeling the paper off carefully (don't let it bend or wrinkle). Smooth from one top corner across, then smooth down. They make special tools that you can use to smooth out the paper and eliminate air bubbles - but I just used a credit card!
Despite the learning curve and a few mistakes, the end result it TOTALLY worth it!
The wallpaper has a bit of sheen to it, so it can be wiped down if need be. Plus, when it's time to move, we can just peel off the wallpaper with ease!
You can buy (affiliate link) this exact wallpaper online from Target. Yes, Target does it again!!!
Hop on over to my blog for a full tutorial and tips for working with temporary peel-and stick wallpaper.

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
The Crazy Craft Lady (Aimee)

• Wease De Haven Rainey

I bought peel and stick tile from Montgomery Wards and although it looked great....it kept coming loose behind my stove. Did you do this around your stove? Did you have any problems?

• Laura Young Childers

I had the same problem with a newly painted wall that was clean. I ended up glueing it. But of course it was my house. Seems that behind a refrigerator and stove area the heat just won't let it a cheat well.

• Linda Sears

Will this work over tile with grout ?

• Susan Andrews

How to paint wood furniture with art deco americana

• Tara

I used it in a spare bathroom years ago! I hated the all white walls in the entire house of the one I rented. Adding a little color can change the feel of the entire room!

• Barb

I love what you accomplished, its stunning and it looks like a picture from a magazine. This transformation is an awesome prompting for us readers to take on this same project. 😍 Will this work over tile back splash? TY and I look forward to seeing your reply. 5-🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟’S