Dollar Store DIY Christmas Decorations

Wandering around the dollar store was a great way to come up with an idea for how to make some pretty, yet bargain priced Christmas decorations.
Yes, I started buy picking up several plastic bats from the dollar store.
I painted my bats green.
I drilled some holes in my bats. A hole all the way through toward the bottom of the bat, one near the top and a pair of the holes in the handle.
I wrapped a piece of chicken wire around a piece of floral foam.
I used those chenille stems to attach the chicken wire covered foam to the handle of the bat.
Using green faux garland from the dollar store, I covered the foam by using greening pins to secure it to the foam.
When I had the foam covered I wrapped it around the rest of the bat, securing in a couple of spots with hot glue.
Using greening pins I secured some red mesh ribbon to the foam and then pulled the tail down and hot glued it in a couple of spots to the end of the bat.
In the spots where I had secured the ribbon I attached some unbreakable Christmas ornaments.
I have a beautiful Christmas swag. A pair of these would look lovely on double doors. I will be using these on my porch and stair railings at my house. This one came in at $5!
These are so easy to personalize however you would like them. This one has a snowflake theme with a red ribbon with snowflakes on it, white snowflake ornaments and faux silver and white poinsettias.

Chloe Crabtree

• Dawn

No ?....I just want to say I LOVE YOU! Could watch and listen to you always. You remind me of a DYi Julia Childs. Breast projects, thank you.
    • Joe Jones

@celebrate & decorate (Chloe Crabtree) I live in Panama City beach Florida and can’t wait to see your summertime one it should be great. I have customers lawns who would love a nice inexpensive sprucing up.

• Christina Ladd

What is the purpose of the hole drilled at the bottom of the bat? I see the hole at the top and the two in the handle are used to tie on the foam block, but the tutorial doesn't mention the hole on the bottom.

Love this idea, BTW, great alternative to a wreath.

• Winkler

Very clever! I like it 👍🏼