DIY Blanket Box Made From Bi-fold Doors

$20

Do you have a set of ugly bi-fold doors that you're looking to upcycle? This project solved a major problem in our master bedroom: Where do you put the decorative pillows and blankets when it's time to go to bed? This blanket box made from old bi-fold doors was the perfect solution!
diy blanket box made from bi fold doors, doors

Bi-fold doors are half the width of regular doors, and the decorative panels of this set I found at my local architectural salvage yard were just what I was looking for!
The smaller upper panels and lowest larger ones were the perfect size for the sides of the blanket box. I used a circular saw to cut them down to size.
I clamped the pieces together to form the box, then added a scrap piece of 1/2" plywood to form the bottom of the blanket box.
I made sure that the holes from the hinges were facing down so they would be hidden by the bottom.
I drilled pocket holes in the plywood base, and attached it to the bottom of the bi-fold door sections.
I used metal brackets to hold the sides together.

The box was painted a dark espresso color before the brackets were attached.
Check out the amazing final result by clicking on the link below, or going to The Handyman's Daughter and search for "blanket box."
Vineta @ The Handyman's Daughter