Accent Lighting. A Bright Idea For Your Old Bird Cage!

I love decorative wrought iron, and when I saw this old rusty, crusty bird cage destine for the dumpster, I knew right away it would become accent lighting!
This project took a little patience a lot of sanding. Fortunately, it was all in tact and sturdy! I gave it 3 or 4 coats of Rustoleum aqua spray paint, then 2 coats of spray polyurethane.
Next I lined the inside bottom of the cage with wallpaper I have that looks like rustic painted wood, then I used parts from a vintage candle light wall sconce and an inline on/off switch and ran it through the center top of the cage. I decorated it with vintage prisms, a strand of silver beads and pretty flowers that used to be shower curtain hooks!
I found the stand at a thrift store. I had no idea at the time what I would use it for, but it was neat and you can adjust the height! It was black so I painted it a crisp white. Makes a perfect stand for this light. And there you have it! Thanks for lookin' :)

• Vintage wrought iron bird cage  (Trash pile)
  • Adjustable height metal stand  (Thrift store)
  • Parts from an electric candle sconce  (Thrift store)

Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps

To see more: http://www.facebook.com/Junkdrunkrepurposedstuff