Gilded Gift Succulent Planter

I always like to have a few little gifts around this time of year just in case I need one for a party or someone stopping by the house. This year I thought I would DIY a live gift using a succulent! Yup, I'm that person who gives live gifts. All I did was take a Dollar Tree wine glass, rub and buff, and a plant to make a darling gift!
The perfect little gift! A gilded succulent gift!
Find a glass container. I bought a glass at Dollar Tree. You also need rub and buff or gold spray paint. Lastly you need a succulent!
Tape out a pattern on the glass and paint it gold. The rub and buff gives it an antiqued look that I love!
When the paint is dry take off the tape.
All that is left to do is plant your succulent in the glass!
Megan Aubrey

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

3 of 15 comments
  • Kathy Kathy on Nov 02, 2016
    This looks great! I also used a light blue-stemmed martini glass for a blue-loving friend and a purple wine glass for a purple-obsessed dear friend and plopped some succulents into those. Both were oooohed and aaaahed over. Thanks for the reminder of using some fun containers to make special custom gifts that the receivers KNOW were meant just for them.
  • Sirkku Sirkku on Nov 17, 2016
    Looks great, thanks for sharing
Next