Jenni Ingram
Jenni Ingram
  • Wexford, PA

FASTEST WAY TO PAINT WOODEN CHAIRS

$75

Here's how to spray paint traditional wooden chairs using a professional paint sprayer...

spray it pretty spray painting dining room chairs in navy blue

How stunning do these classic navy chairs look? It took me a year to finally paint them. Painting chairs is my least favorite thing to paint. These traditional chairs have many spindles, stretches, legs to cover evenly. But I found a way to do it easily! With a paint sprayer!

I bought these at $15 for the 4! Score! They may not look like it, but they are seriously the most comfortable wooden chairs I've ever sat in. The finish was dull and brown though.

In my full blog post I'll share the name true navy paint -- it is just gorgeous. And you can watch the paint sprayer in action and give you a few tips!

I was nervous about coverage and drips. I did my best to spray evenly, and even though this was my first time using a paint sprayer, it was pretty fool proof. I didn't see a single drip on the chairs, and the coverage was awesome - only one application needed! Once the chairs were dry, I distressed like I normally would (with 120 grit sandpaper).

And now they are sitting pretty back in my dining room. They are super smooth, and I'm so happy to finally have them finished! This navy color adds just a modern pop of color to my dining room. I love it! Sign up for my blog newsletter to get more DIY furniture inspiration!

• Paint
  • Paint sprayer

Jenni Ingram

• Gail Birnberg

My question to you and every time I have tried to spray paint a piece of furniture or anything for that matter. I always end up with trippin the least little bump from a vacuum or anything the paint chips. Have you experienced this

• Jenni Ingram

Hi Gail! I haven't had trouble with that, but I just did this project. I also think General Finishes Milk Paint is very durable, so that it will hold up to normal wear and tear. Hope that helps!