Kitchen Peninsula

We bought our home about 4 years ago and have been slowly adding our own touch/style. This Kitchen peninsula was not so good looking and needed a better function with a facelift! My husband had been talking about doing something there but I was afraid of loosing the open concept so started brainstorming ideas and look at what I was able to design!
Not so nice looking before... with an egg shell screen that looked badly nicotine stained
another before picture
I took the screen out and spray painted inside black I used cardboard to block splatter and pained the boxed trim white with some paint I had left over from another project
I fixed the loose piece of wood at the top back and painted the back wall piece. Now the pot rack that I purchased only came with 2 hooks to anchor into the ceiling I knew from reviews and design there would be a balancing issue so I purchased 4 hooks from the local Canadian Tire as anchors that I put along the two sides of the ceiling box. I then hung the chain included in kit and hung the extra chain length in the centre of the box ceiling I didn't want to cut the chain in case I changed my mind and wanted to move things.
tried my best to get chains level and adjust the length
first time I put rack up to see if I liked the height I ended up taking it a few inches higher
This was a practice to see where pots would hang
for the back wall piece I put up two curtain rods the top one was a smaller rod where it doesn't stick out to far from the wall and the bottom one was the next size up which gave some more space between wall and rod for pot lids to sit
I used old shower curtain hooks to hang utensils
I used a black and white speckled colour con-tact paper to cover the tiles
I love how this turned out and have had everyone that's visited comment on it! Hope you enjoyed this is my first DIY post

• Pot Rack  (https://www.amazon.ca/Fox-Run-Square-Chrome-Chains/dp/B002755TC0/ref=sr_1_31?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1)
  • Hooks  (http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/hillman-vinyl-cup-hooks-black-2-1-4-in-1611830p.html#srp)
  • Black spray paint  (Canadian Tire)

21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous