DIY Boho Fringe Chandelier

$20

I've been seeing DIY chandelier and light fixtures all over Pinterest so I finally decided to dive and (hopefully) make a tad bit more simplified version of what I have seen out there. I love how this came out and cannot wait to create different versions. You can do this chandelier in any color, more layers, less layers, different metallics, lights or no lights. The possibilities are endless.
Gather materials: 14 inch, 10 inch and 8 inch embroidery hoop, fringe (I ordered mine offline since my local craft store didn't have any I liked), rope, scissors, sharpie, measuring tape and hot glue.
Step 1: Take out the hoop portion that doesn't have the metal on it. I recycle the other part for other DIY's - you can use metal ones if you like but these are less expensive. Tip: Spray paint them the color of your fringe - this will make it blend more.
Step 2: Cut four pieces (mine are one arm's length each) of rope or yarn or whatever your heart desires to hang it.
Step 3: Put the hoops on the table, tie each piece of rope to the smallest hoop. I then pulled it tight and made a mark at 4 1/2 inches on each piece of rope. I then tied the knot at that mark to the second largest hoop and repeated this step to then tie it to the biggest hoop.
This creates the "bones" of the chandelier for you to hot glue the fringe to. I didn't spray paint my hoops white and ended up hand painting them to blend them in more so don't forget to paint them!!
Step 4: Tie a knot at the top - tying all four pieces of rope together.
Step 5: Hang it up somewhere and hot glue your fringe on to each individual hoop.
Step 6: Trim your fringe however you like! I did mine evenly across but I think it would look dope to add cut in's or scallops.
This is totally optional - I found this trim at JoAnn's and wanted to add it to the top.
Step 7: Hot glue the top of your chandelier and add it!
Step 8: Trim the excess and you're done! The possibilities and endless with dip dying it, color ways, lighting it or not lighting it.
And there you have it! Stay rad 🤘. Connect with me! i n s t a g r a m // http://bit.ly/2eUALeQ p i n t e r e s t // http://bit.ly/2fmG6w4 f a c e b o o k // http://bit.ly/2fE8eKu t w i t t e r // http://bit.ly/2eUxkVx s n a p c h a t // rachel_metz i n q u i r i e s // rachellivingtodiy@gmail.com

Expo International 5 Yards of 6" Chainette Fringe Trim 5 6", White

The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017

• Mcc

Can do with upside down tomato cage spray painted and legs trimmed but the flat edge is helpful for glueing trim on.

• Shuganne

Didn't the fringe fray where you cut it? Wasn't it possible to order several lengths of fringe in the correct finished length? I suppose you could also change the length of the twine/rope holding each hoop, or would it have been visible through the delicate fringe?

• Linda

is this just decor or did you add a light fixture?