DIY Boho Fringe Chandelier

$20

I've been seeing DIY chandelier and light fixtures all over Pinterest so I finally decided to dive and (hopefully) make a tad bit more simplified version of what I have seen out there. I love how this came out and cannot wait to create different versions. You can do this chandelier in any color, more layers, less layers, different metallics, lights or no lights. The possibilities are endless.
diy chandelier boho fringe, lighting
Gather materials: 14 inch, 10 inch and 8 inch embroidery hoop, fringe (I ordered mine offline since my local craft store didn't have any I liked), rope, scissors, sharpie, measuring tape and hot glue.
diy chandelier boho fringe, lighting
Step 1: Take out the hoop portion that doesn't have the metal on it. I recycle the other part for other DIY's - you can use metal ones if you like but these are less expensive. Tip: Spray paint them the color of your fringe - this will make it blend more.
diy chandelier boho fringe, lighting
Step 2: Cut four pieces (mine are one arm's length each) of rope or yarn or whatever your heart desires to hang it.
diy chandelier boho fringe, lighting
Step 3: Put the hoops on the table, tie each piece of rope to the smallest hoop. I then pulled it tight and made a mark at 4 1/2 inches on each piece of rope. I then tied the knot at that mark to the second largest hoop and repeated this step to then tie it to the biggest hoop.
diy chandelier boho fringe, lighting
This creates the "bones" of the chandelier for you to hot glue the fringe to. I didn't spray paint my hoops white and ended up hand painting them to blend them in more so don't forget to paint them!!
diy chandelier boho fringe, lighting
Step 4: Tie a knot at the top - tying all four pieces of rope together.
diy chandelier boho fringe, lighting
Step 5: Hang it up somewhere and hot glue your fringe on to each individual hoop.
diy chandelier boho fringe, lighting
Step 6: Trim your fringe however you like! I did mine evenly across but I think it would look dope to add cut in's or scallops.
diy chandelier boho fringe, lighting
This is totally optional - I found this trim at JoAnn's and wanted to add it to the top.
diy chandelier boho fringe, lighting
Step 7: Hot glue the top of your chandelier and add it!
diy chandelier boho fringe, lighting
Step 8: Trim the excess and you're done! The possibilities and endless with dip dying it, color ways, lighting it or not lighting it.
diy chandelier boho fringe, lighting
And there you have it! Stay rad 🤘. Connect with me! i n s t a g r a m // http://bit.ly/2eUALeQ p i n t e r e s t // http://bit.ly/2fmG6w4 f a c e b o o k // http://bit.ly/2fE8eKu t w i t t e r // http://bit.ly/2eUxkVx s n a p c h a t // rachel_metz i n q u i r i e s // rachellivingtodiy@gmail.com

Expo International 5 Yards of 6" Chainette Fringe Trim 5 6", White

Rachel Metz

• Tracey Ward

How do you attach it to the light fitting please??

• Mcc

Can do with upside down tomato cage spray painted and legs trimmed but the flat edge is helpful for glueing trim on.

• Shuganne

Didn't the fringe fray where you cut it? Wasn't it possible to order several lengths of fringe in the correct finished length? I suppose you could also change the length of the twine/rope holding each hoop, or would it have been visible through the delicate fringe?

• Sof34016787

Yes, please help me hang it! I can’t get it straight (hence e we ignited spoon), centered, or close enough to the ceiling:(

• Anna m connell

I would like to try this project with my grand daughters visiting me. How many yards of fringe would you recommend?