Mark Montano
Mark Montano
  • Los Angeles, CA

Upcycle Old Glass Flower Vases

A beautiful way to recycled cheap glass flower vases and wine bottles! This was a fun way to add some color and pattern with a simple paper mâché technique and still
be able to fill them with water.
upcycle old glass flower vases part 2, gardening
Some I painted and added flowers and others I covered completely with the patterned paper.
Watch how to make them here!
A simple water and flower mixture worked just fine for the paste. Americana Decoupage in gloss was a terrific way to finish them, too.
Make sure to let them dry thoroughly and use plenty of newspaper on the areas where the handles meet the vase.

• Americana Decor Metallics  (Amazon.com)
  • Americana Decoupage in Gloss  (Amazon.com)
Mark Montano

• Amber Allen

What about the inside? The one in the video looked like it was painted there also. Did you poor the newspaper inside a bit?

• Mark Montano

You can paint part of the inside or fold the paper inside a few inches. Up to you. Just make sure you don't fill the water up to where the paper ends.

• Lynn

I was confused at the water & flower mixture for paste. Finally figured out is was water & FLOUR. My literal brain does not interpret homophones well. Love this project!!!