How to Keep a Good Thing Going!

I once told a friend that I could make a 32 oz. bottle of Dawn last about 6 months. She didn’t seem to believe me. (I don't have a dishwasher or kids, but I do have dinner guests at least 3 times a week. I also bake quite a bit.)

Let's investigate.....

#1 in my 'arsenal'

The next time I bought my Dawn, I wrote the date on it.  Since I didn’t need it right away, I also wrote the date that opened it. I also noticed that this was a 40 oz. bottle

#2 in my 'arsenal'

Gotta have Baking Soda, it works for soooooo many things around the house
http://www.today.com/home/it-s-not-just-cooking-50-ways-use-baking-soda-t75651
#3 in my 'arsenal'
Bet you didn't know there were 51 ways to use hydrogen peroxide!
http://www.diyncrafts.com/10960/health/51-extraordinary-everyday-uses-for-hydrogen-peroxide
#4 in my 'arsenal'
Vinegar--who knew?!? I have been following Jillee for all her helpful hints: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/50-amazing-uses-for-vinegar-that-youll-want-to-know

#5 in my 'arsenal'
Alcohol....everyone has a bottle in their medicine cabinets, right?
http://www.livinggreenandfrugally.com/40-amazing-uses-for-rubbing-alcohol/

Dish Soap Pump
I usually fill this almost all the way full leaving a bit for vinegar. I roll it around and mildly shake it before each use. I used to randomly squirt the bottle into the sink. Now I use a few pumps in the sink and 1 pump on my sponge. This has really helped me to not over-do it on the suds.

2 scrubbies: 1 for bath, 1 for kitchen
Daily Shower Cleaner
24 oz water
½ c. peroxide
½ c. alcohol
2 tsp Dawn
2 tsp vinegar   …….mix and either put in spray bottle or a scrubbie with room for solution in the handle

Window Cleaner 
Mix together ¼ cup vinegar, 2 ½ cups water and ½ teaspoon of Dawn Dish Detergent. Mix together in a spray bottle. If you want a scented cleaner, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
Laundry Stain Formula
For this formula, you’ll want to mix 2 PARTS HYDROGEN PEROXIDE with 1 PART DAWN SOAP and 1 PART BAKING SODA.
For example, if you want to make a big batch that’ll last you a little while, mix 2 CUPS Peroxide with 1 CUP Dawn soap and 1 CUP baking soda.
*NOTE: the baking soda is going to want to settle on the bottom and that’s ok—--you can either put a little spoon in the container to mix it up every time you want to use it or you can make sure to have an air-tight lid on the container in order to shake it.  I store mine in an empty peanut butter jar, shake or stir with fork and put in spray bottle
This works well on mattress (pee) stains

Conclusion!
Opened 8/18/2016 so almost 7 months! There is about 1/5 of the bottle left

Both my home and my pocketbook are very, very happy

• Dawn Dish Soap  (Walmart)
  • Baking Soda  (Walmart)
  • White Vinegar  (Walmart)

Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• Christy bellinger

Thanks for the tips!!
  • Irish Pack

UPDATE: I purchased the Dawn on 8/18/2016. I just used the very last of it and I still have a full dispenser on my kitchen sink, a shower and kitchen scrubbers both half full of dawn/vinegar mixture and a spray bottle 3/4 full with my concoction!

So.....I just bought a giant economy size (75 oz) I guess I won't be needing to buy any more for about 2+ years