Muffin Pan Herb Starter "Pots"

I'm doing an Upcycled Herb Garden this year, starting from seed! To get my seeds started, I'm using a rusty pair of muffin pans as "starter pots". Get the FULL blog post here for all of the details!
muffin pan herb starter pots

Old rusty muffin pans / tins are usually pretty plentiful at thrift stores- so I snapped these up for starting My Upcycled Herb Garden! The little cups will be perfectly compartmentalized for different types of seeds, won't they?
muffin pan herb starter pots

To make the pan pretty, I spray painted it- but that's totally optional! Then I lined it with natural/unbleached muffin papers. This will make it easy to transplant my seedlings later on!
muffin pan herb starter pots

Then, I filled each muffin paper with potting soil for my herb seeds. Like most seeds, though, I had to prep them overnight- Check out my blog post HERE for a great tip for seed prep!!
muffin pan herb starter pots

After a few days of carefully watering them and keeping them warm/in light, I started to see little green sprouts!! Grow little herbs, grow...
muffin pan herb starter pots

And after a few weeks, I had some solid little sprouts! Now it's nearly time to transplant them into something bigger and better...which will be Part II of My Upcycled Herb Garden...stay tuned!
Sadie Seasongoods

• Kim Davis

I just thru one away!! It’s still in the garbage can outside. I’m about to go get it and put maybe Zenia seeds in this one! Thanks for the tip!!

• Deb

This is such a practical idea! I really want to do this & try to get a garden going again. Thank you for the inspiration & the great "share"!