DIY Side Tables With Greek Key Base

$60.00

My living room was looking a bit too traditional, so I wanted to add some modern touches. I found a Greek key side table online that I really liked, but the price for one table was $549, and I needed two of them. Since I would ever pay $1098 for two side tables, I decided to make my own. I spent about $60 to make two tables.
DIY side table with Greek key base.
DIY side table with Greek key base.
Each section of the Greek key design is made of five pieces, each cut with a miter saw.
The inspiration table from Shades of Light has a real gold leaf finish and granite top.  Mine has a painted gold finish, and an MDF top sprayed with Rust-Oleum Hammered spray paint in white.
The inspiration table from Shades of Light has a real gold leaf finish and granite top. Mine has a painted gold finish, and an MDF top sprayed with Rust-Oleum Hammered spray paint in white.
The new table in my (still unfinished) living room.  Just the modern touch that this otherwise traditional room needed.
The new table in my (still unfinished) living room. Just the modern touch that this otherwise traditional room needed.
Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating

• Debbie H

You nailed this right on the head!

• Colleen

Wonderful job. Your attention to detail shows in your craftmanship. I agee with placing a glass bottom. I think you did a better job than the high end.