Do you have any diy tricks to hold very small things?

MindyJewellmartinWilliam
+4

I want to use my dremmel to make holes in stones for my crafting. I lost 1/2 of my left index finger and its very hard to hold small objects,like stones, when I want to work on them.
  • Tweezers! And get some rubber tipped ones. I think I picked mine up at a Gem Show years ago.
  • Wesley

ask your family doctor for a pair of hemostats or try tweezers with a rubber band that you can slide up and down them?
  • Kathy

What about a small vise to hold the stone or the drimme?
  • C. D. Scallan

Needle nose pliers to hold the stone or the drill.

Metal binder clips from the office supply store. Spring loaded long nose pliers. Small vise grips. Small C clamps. Large size alligator clips.
  • Jewellmartin

I have a couple of plastic kitchen tools that hold a boiled egg, tomato, avocado, or a plum in place for thin slices. Check your kitchen drawers for something like that. A dishcloth is a good holder, too. Best wishes 😇
  • Mindy

Silly putty or clay will hold the small objects In place while you drill them. Then just peal off the putty.