Do you have any diy tricks to hold very small things?

+5
I want to use my dremmel to make holes in stones for my crafting. I lost 1/2 of my left index finger and its very hard to hold small objects,like stones, when I want to work on them.
  • Tweezers! And get some rubber tipped ones. I think I picked mine up at a Gem Show years ago.
  • Wesley Wesley on May 22, 2017
    ask your family doctor for a pair of hemostats or try tweezers with a rubber band that you can slide up and down them?
  • Kathy Kathy on May 22, 2017
    What about a small vise to hold the stone or the drimme?
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on May 22, 2017
    Needle nose pliers to hold the stone or the drill.
  • William William on May 22, 2017
    Metal binder clips from the office supply store. Spring loaded long nose pliers. Small vise grips. Small C clamps. Large size alligator clips.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on May 22, 2017
    I have a couple of plastic kitchen tools that hold a boiled egg, tomato, avocado, or a plum in place for thin slices. Check your kitchen drawers for something like that. A dishcloth is a good holder, too. Best wishes 😇
  • Mindy Mindy on May 23, 2017
    Silly putty or clay will hold the small objects In place while you drill them. Then just peal off the putty.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Feb 03, 2021

Hello,

You might like to try "Blutack" or Plastercine or modelling clay!