Upcycle Old Window Frame Into Suncatcher Hanger

$0.00

This has got to be one of the easiest projects I have ever done on an old window frame, anyone can do this !

First things first, clean and sand a window frame without glass! I had two without glass.

I used one outside on the front porch. I painted the frame yellow, then added an old wind chime. The wind chime was rusty and missing some pieces, so I just cleaned and painted the pieces to match the colors on the porch. Simple!

I was kind of stuck with the second one, I wanted something different. I looked at other up-cycled window frame projects but a lot of the same old stuff I've already done. Then I saw a beautiful peacock stained glass sun catcher hanging in a window and it clicked! I knew what I was going to do with the other frame. I have a lot of stained glass sun catchers for different seasons of the year, framing them would look great! So I painted the frame a dark red, hammered in a nail above each of the panes (6).

Put two hooks on the top...

Put two hooks in the window's outer casing so I could hang the old window frame in the window to catch the sun! I was going to use some chain but I didn't have the right color so I went with some very long hooks I have until I get some black chain.

The suncatchers hang perfectly!

Just leaning against the window. This is hanging from hooks.

I will change the sun catchers out for the different seasons. I will put summer one's in when I unpack summer decor this weekend !

I might add some scroll work in white paint to the frame later but for now I love the way the sun beams down on them . It certainly catches your eye when you walk in the room! I tried to get a better picture of them catching the sun but it just wasn't working.

Now that was easy work! Thanks for looking!

out people!

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas

• Wendy

Would love to see what you have in mind Jennifer!
  • Debra McMenamin

iv been thinking about doing this and you have just given me the inspiration and motivation I need, thank you!

• Jennifer

Oh that is so great to hear! Have fun and make what makes you happy! Inspiration is a motivator for me, sometimes all it takes is a color and I'm off and running until it's finished!

Thank you Debra and would love to see what you come up with!