Kitchen Cabinets Tutorial

1 Material
$30

These Kitchen cabinets were painted by Kim De Jong. Kim is one of Redposie’s paint store favorite customer and a instructor for the Redposie™ Stenciling Workshop. Kim was kind enough to allow Redposie to come in to her home and photo shoot her cabinet painting project. It was a Do-It-Yourself project transforming white kitchen cabinets from drab to fab using Dixie Belle Paint, Dixie Belle Glaze and General Finishes High Performance top coat.
The rich green limeade is just one of 50 colors that the Dixie Belle Paint Company makes. You can find in stock all the  Dixie Belle Paint colors at Redposie™
Before the makeover!
These spectacular distressed kitchen cabinets painted with Dixie Belle paint are perfect for Kim’s cottage style home in historic St. Charles. Missouri.
Pick a work area where you can lay the doors out to paint. Kim placed a large sheet of  plastic on the dining room floor.
In this Two tone kitchen, this Island is made the center of attention with Dixie Belle Grunge Glaze over two coats of Dixie Belle color Sea Glass.
“I used plain chip brushes and it left no brush marks” Kim
This was a unscheduled kitchen makeover, it all started because of some water damage in the kitchen from a upstairs water leak.

• Limeade  (http://www.dixiebellepaintcompany.com/)

Dixie Belle Paint Company

• Deb12441746

Could you explain the island color Sea glass and staining technique with Grunge Glaze. Is Redposie in St. Louis, St. Charles ?

• Cindy

I must be missing something. All that my computer shows is laying the door faces on the floor, then the finished product pictures. Nothing about technique. ???

• Bryan

HI everyone. I just read this about an hour ago and was so impressed that I tried it myself. I not only finished in record time but dues to the simplicity of the technic involved I wanted to share with you my story. Enjoy and hopefully you wont take as long as I did with this one.

• Vicki Cunningham

My bathroom cabinets are horrible. They are that awful white plastic covered (probably over plywood). The plastic is coming loose around the edge seams. If that is glued down, can chalk paint be used over the plastic, and if so, what prep is used to make it adhere to the plastic?

• Donna Flanagan Duncan

Dixie belle has a product, called slick stick, it’s a primer for slick surfaces. After cleaning, you would apply the slick stick, then paint and seal!